'We're not really here' (Sky Sports)

Twas around then alright (WookiesLair, TalkinCity, and others I can’t recall) and was more relied on with some games not even having radio commentary and us getting giddy reading training updates from guys up ladders and such :-)

I remember listening on the internet in Massachusetts not believing how shit we were to begin with and how miraculous it was in the end. My roommates thought City were pathetic but they did respect our relentless hope. That’s why we can never doubt our owner. He was the knight in shining armor that we dreamt for.

CTID
There was also a forum linked from the City site, Blue Planet was it??

I enjoyed clocking up all the new grounds that season but I wouldn't have wanted another season in that division which is why my emotions at the end were more relief than anything. Good watch from Sky for a change.

Great watch. Just like the Aguero goal the Dickov goal gets me every time
It still stuns me that they're essentially a mirror image of each other. They bookend that period of our history so beautifully. In both goals the ball is worked in to the edge of the box, it's then scuffed to the right hand side slightly through a sea of legs, and then slammed into the net inside the goalkeeper's near post. The universe works in mysterious ways.

Really enjoyed that.
Fuck it takes you back, sat down with my son to watch it, he’s 22 and a Villa fan (I know, don’t ask).
He couldn’t believe how we’d crashed so low, the grounds we were playing, and the come back in the playoff final.
I think he’s always had a soft spot for City though.

It’s on sky demand. Watching it now

Edit: Well worth watching. Brought back many memories

Last edited:
And this is the fundamental difference between us and them... We look back on this period of our history with as much pride and fondness as we do the successful years of past and present.

Where as they airbrush out of history any unsuccessful wilderness years and can only associate being a football fan in terms of glory and winning at any cost.

Brilliant watch,it brought the emotion of the day back to me and a tear in my eye......93.20 was amazing,but,for me,it had nothing on that incredible day at Wembley.

Fuck knows what would have happened if we hadn't got back up that season,every City fan,old and particularly new.......should watch this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.