United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve dined on success for decades and as a club, seem to have lost all hunger (apart from Shaw!).

They need a young hungry manager who will come in and stir shit up, bully them out of their comfort zone. In many ways like we needed a Mancini to come in and create friction to take us to the next level. OGS ain’t what they need.
Him and Lukaku look hungry fuckers to me.

Didn’t realise this Olly’s at the wheel stuff was a real real thing until I saw a kid wearing a T shirt on the flight over for Spurs game. Simpletons.
18218692.jpg

Anyway I’m posting this again cos when I saw his clueless little pixie face in that dug out on Wednesday I can help thinking only of little Noddy.

They play in faded pink shirts and under a leaking roof. Their manager is a hero from a bygone age who takes the players to where they used to train back in the glory days. The deposed king sits in attendance looking confused and wondering what happened to the DNA.
If ever a club was a metaphor for living in the past, this is it.

P. S. Please don't tell them it's 2019

Jethro Tull likes this post, but most rags are As Thick As A Brick.

Surely the question is not how rich but how stupid.

If he is going to pay that amount he needs sectioning. It would take that amount to rebuild the team never mind the stadium, then he would have to pay off Ole, get a new manager and pay off his former club then pay him off and get a new manager whilst paying off his former club and then pay him off whilst, well you get the idea.

Wouldn't cost much to pay Ole off, just a goodie bag from the club shop should do it. And maybe a parking place for life.

Wouldn't cost much to pay Ole off, just a goodie bag from the club shop should do it. And maybe a parking place for life.

As if the club would have to pay that little arse licker off... he'd probably agree to a paycut and a ''sideways move'' within the club, possibly as head toilet cleaner where he can motivate his junior toilet cleaner underlings with talk of the spirit of '99 and the 'nited DNA etc etc.

I'm also getting sick of hearing how amazing he was at the World Cup as some sort of justification for how good he can supposedly be. I watched every one of their games at the World Cup and he wasn't remotely close to amazing in any of them.

There's plenty of hype around Paul Pogba but barely any actual substance. A complete myth of a footballer and it staggers me that any team would genuinely consider paying £100m+ for him. He's not done anything to justify a price tag of even a quarter of that.

He's a bang average midfielder who plays a decent pass every now and again then disappears. The Premier League is literally packed full of players like that, so what's so special about him? I just don't get it.
Me or you would be amazing with Kante and Matoudi doing all our running for us in midfield and Greizmann to play to up front.

As if the club would have to pay that little arse licker off... he'd probably agree to a paycut and a ''sideways move'' within the club, possibly as head toilet cleaner where he can motivate his junior toilet cleaner underlings with talk of the spirit of '99 and the 'nited DNA etc etc.

He'd certainly have more chance of finding this mystical fucking united dna if he was cleaning the bogs.

No they weren’t. I’m not saying I’m the greatest judge of a footballer, because I’ll readily accept I’m not, but I’ve never got the fuss around Pogba. All this “great player wanting to get out” stuff is absolute bollocks imo. He’s a decent PL midfielder, nothing more and I fail to see why he’s so highly rated by some. It’s baffling. He doesn’t dominate big games, like a top player should; and his work-rate is appalling.
I think he might just be the most overrated footballer I’ve ever seen.

He’s got into the team of the season yet the following players have genuinely had better seasons than him and didn’t get in:
David Silva! (How the fuck has Pogba got in that side over Silva? You only have to watch the two derbies and compare both players’ performances to see who is better)
Gundogan
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Milner
Kante
Torreira
Erickson
Sissoko
Neves
Moutinho
Capoue
Dakore
Fraser

All are more deserving of a spot in that team of the year than Pogba.

I’ve watched a lot of Pogba, watched him a lot in his Juve days too. I’ve never rated him! When we were in for him, I didn’t want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.