“City Matters” fan committee

I doubt you'd get anything like 1000 people voting but taking your thoughts further it would require PB to put up a poll giving various options on pressing issues and being committed to pushing the option with the most votes. The two most pressing issues I can see are loyalty points / away tickets and pricing. I think seasoncard prices should be frozen for several seasons, starting from next season, and that match day prices should be reduced. I'm less bothered about away tickets as I don't travel to away games due to being a FOC and still doing high mileage in my job. However I would advocate scrapping Platinum as I have disagreed with it on principle and stopped chasing points when it was introduced.

Over to you, PB.
Agree with pretty much everything you say. What could be done is the club can send out the poll / survey and that ensures only City fans answer. The club must then make the full results available in a transparent way without any manipulation

@Prestwich_Blue can you ask why the minutes of the last meeting are still not available please? It would be interesting to see what is being discussed. Thank you
I've asked. They were signed off over 2 weeks ago & there was nothing controversial in them that I recall. In fact we mainly discussed the committee itself and how we took it forward.

The volume of the speakers is a joke. You can’t hear the person next to you when they’re shouting to speak to you. Fucking stupid to have it so loud.

Loud PA system does not equal a good atmosphere! Sports clubs just don’t understand that though as it’s the same everywhere: other footy grounds, Wembley, rugby grounds.
I had loads in EL1 complain they couldn't hear it and now the new system is WAAAAYYYY too loud. I couldn't hear @Matty over the noise but that's not all bad.

Agree with pretty much everything you say. What could be done is the club can send out the poll / survey and that ensures only City fans answer. The club must then make the full results available in a transparent way without any manipulation
We talked to the club about doing something like this at the last meeting. They obviously should have contact details for all seasoncard holders. I don't think you'd want to do it too frequently but if it was something like changing the loyalty points system then I'd expect a major consultation exercise to take place. We'd also like to have a Fans' Forum.

Well as they can't be bothered publishing the minutes of the meetings we will never find out anyway!! What's the use of having a City matters area on the club website when we just get third hand/chinese whispers instead of proper minutes? There might as well not be a City Matters committee if everything happens behind closed doors and the fans don't get to know.

Why do you want to see the minutes? It has already been admitted that they are not a true representation of the meetings. They merely sign off on "something that we were fairly happy with"

@frasermcfc because that’s just the way I am. I like to see the official reports because if people are only signing off on ‘something they are fairly happy with’ why do they go? I attend meetings almost every week & sometimes two & three times a week but if I am not satisfied I will question the official minutes and insist that my objections are recorded. I am not a sheep I am a lion! (Well all right lioness!!)

PB, a very simple suggestion to enhance the match going experience:

whilst it is a welcome step forward that we now have a new PA system where you can hear what is going on at half time, could you ask the club to turn it down a bit as prior to kick off as the music is completely deafening. It is impossible to conduct a chat with your near neighbours. The lady two seats along from me actually turned her hearing aid off it was so bad!! I know it wont be top of the agenda but it is an easy fix.
You will be lucky, we in CB3 have been deafened for years, despite repeated complaints. We were told it would be fixed this April. Looks like the fix is to deafen us all.

You will be lucky, we in CB3 have been deafened for years, despite repeated complaints. We were told it would be fixed this April. Looks like the fix is to deafen us all.
I’m deaf in one ear anyway lol but Christ on a bike it should be easy to fix. Just turn the bloody knob anti clockwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.