Rotation.

We're on track for 98 points, ffs. If anything, rotation has helped us towards that total. In 90% of Premier League seasons we'd already be champions by quite a comfortable distance. The reason we're in danger of not winning the league this year is because Liverpool have already amassed an incredible points total of their own. Whoever finishes 2nd this season will do so with a points total that would have won the league in all but four seasons in Premier League history. It's the same reason that the team who finished 2nd this season won't have bottled the title race - the other team will have just been that little bit more incredible.
All but 3 seasons I'd say.
2017/18 100 points
2004/05 95 points
2016/17 93 points.
With both teams on for 98 and 97 points I can see the second team beating that 2016/17 Chelsea total.

All but 3 seasons I'd say.
2017/18 100 points
2004/05 95 points
2016/17 93 points.
With both teams on for 98 and 97 points I can see the second team beating that 2016/17 Chelsea total.
Just proves my point even more.

It’s essential in my opinion. Liverpool have rode their luck this league campaign but you know with 5 or more games to come in a 3 week period maybe they will burn out at the worst time!

Pep manages this squad well and we have great back up players. Let’s trust in them!
Apart from being lucky in the league and having fewer two match weeks due to exiting domestic cups,
Liverpool also rely on their midfield 3 to do the bulk of their running and they have rotated pretty heavily in that part of their team.

We're on track for 98 points, ffs. If anything, rotation has helped us towards that total. In 90% of Premier League seasons we'd already be champions by quite a comfortable distance. The reason we're in danger of not winning the league this year is because Liverpool have already amassed an incredible points total of their own. Whoever finishes 2nd this season will do so with a points total that would have won the league in all but four seasons in Premier League history. It's the same reason that the team who finished 2nd this season won't have bottled the title race - the other team will have just been that little bit more incredible.

If it's Liverpool I would use the word 'lucky' rather than incredible. The number of goalkeeping fuck ups late in games, poor officiating favouring their dives and offsides, plus no injuries to their key players. We've been incredible to stay in with a chance against all that, despite the number of games more we played and KDB, Fern and Kun missing quite a few games.

Of course Liverpool have played well and consistently, but they really have had a lot of fortune this season. Hopefully the title won't come down to Mahrez's missed pen at Anfield.

If it's Liverpool I would use the word 'lucky' rather than incredible. The number of goalkeeping fuck ups late in games, poor officiating favouring their dives and offsides, plus no injuries to their key players. We've been incredible to stay in with a chance against all that, despite the number of games more we played and KDB, Fern and Kun missing quite a few games.

Of course Liverpool have played well and consistently, but they really have had a lot of fortune this season. Hopefully the title won't come down to Mahrez's missed pen at Anfield.
Throwing away the points in games when we were ahead has cost us 9pts,it's not down to one penalty misss,that's not fair

I think we rotate too much, especially the centre halfs.
I always feel centre halfs need a run as regular partners to bring the best out of them.
BUT who am i to question the rotations if Pep leads us to a domestic treble, he obviously knows far far more than me.

I think we rotate too much, especially the centre halfs.
I always feel centre halfs need a run as regular partners to bring the best out of them.
BUT who am i to question the rotations if Pep leads us to a domestic treble, he obviously knows far far more than me.
Don't see what else he could do with the centre halves really. Stones and Laporte were undisputed first choice, but then Stones got injured, Laporte was the only option at left back, then Ota served a ban etc.

Makes no difference, a modern day excuse started by the likes of wenger to snub domestic cup comps and excuse winning fuck all in a season.
Fergie started the resting players rubbish in the cups along with the playing the kids. To be fair he did try to still win, but not always.

Klopp has just compared Oxygen-Chamberbollocks absence as similar to KDB missing for us all season.

I enjoyed reading a discussion where a group of "knowledgable" Liverpool fans discussed how Oxlade-Chamberlain's goals would likely have made the difference this season.

3 goals he scored last year in the league.

To be fair, that was his best ever return, so maybe he would have got 4 this time round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.