Juventus pushing for European football Change

Will it though? People said that 20 years ago with premiership. I know some would say that it has, some will say the standard improved. The issue is that if you stand still, you get left behind. I mean 20 years ago, most of us had a Nokia and thought no one could compete but look where they are now. The rags, they thought they'd dominate for the rest of time. Now look at them (don't forget to laugh) they're still stuck in the past. We on the other hand, looked ahead, saw somewhere we'd like to be and achieved what we wanted. What if this is the next step in the evolution of football.

Then again, it could all end up like bitcoin ffs.

Amongst all the opportunity, inclusivity, meritocracy, progressive and forward thinking bollocks you find the true aim, the one that contradicts all the nice positive stuff 'carefully applied promotion and relegation ' hmmm what could that mean?
It means all the history clubs think they're too important to be relegated. They're not though and only Barca and Madrid will probably succeed in securing it.

Will it though? People said that 20 years ago with premiership. I know some would say that it has, some will say the standard improved. The issue is that if you stand still, you get left behind. I mean 20 years ago, most of us had a Nokia and thought no one could compete but look where they are now. The rags, they thought they'd dominate for the rest of time. Now look at them (don't forget to laugh) they're still stuck in the past. We on the other hand, looked ahead, saw somewhere we'd like to be and achieved what we wanted. What if this is the next step in the evolution of football.

Then again, it could all end up like bitcoin ffs.
The football bubble is peaking with regards broadcast rights. Viewing numbers have stagnated or fallen and don't match up to the TV deals, for any league. Hence you have Sky and BT working on joint bids, UEFA looking at going back to a more FTA based model (they're in danger of losing more from sponsors and advertisers than they gain from subscription TV deals) etc etc. This competition could be the answer but it's more likely to be a better subscription model with more affordable pricing.

Juve.

Proven to be the most corrupt club in European history will do anything to stay at the top table.

Absolutely disguting. They want to take away the merit from the sport and deserving your place on the pitch and just reward historical/big clubs.

Full statement :

Agnelli was speaking at the FT Business of Football Summit in London and seemed to continue his push for a European Super League.

“I have great respect for everything that Atalanta are doing, but without international history and thanks to just one great season, they had direct access into the primary European club competition. Is that right or not?” said Agnelli.

“Then I think of Roma, who contributed in recent years to maintaining Italy’s ranking. They had one bad season and are out, with all the consequent damage to them financially.

“We must also protect investment and costs. So would Atalanta therefore have less chance of playing at a high level? I don’t have the answer to that, it’s just about setting up a transparent process to make this decision.

“There are teams who won the league or cup and achieve qualification just on the basis of their country’s ranking. The point is how we balance the contribution to European football and the performance of a single year.”

Absolutely disguting. They want to take away the merit from the sport and deserving your place on the pitch and just reward historical/big clubs.

Full statement :

Agnelli was speaking at the FT Business of Football Summit in London and seemed to continue his push for a European Super League.

“I have great respect for everything that Atalanta are doing, but without international history and thanks to just one great season, they had direct access into the primary European club competition. Is that right or not?” said Agnelli.

“Then I think of Roma, who contributed in recent years to maintaining Italy’s ranking. They had one bad season and are out, with all the consequent damage to them financially.

“We must also protect investment and costs. So would Atalanta therefore have less chance of playing at a high level? I don’t have the answer to that, it’s just about setting up a transparent process to make this decision.

“There are teams who won the league or cup and achieve qualification just on the basis of their country’s ranking. The point is how we balance the contribution to European football and the performance of a single year.”

The guy’s a ****. Hope he gets coughed on.

Full statement :

Everything that is wrong with the Champions League summed up in one post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.