Retirement

I retired at 52, best thing ever in life. get up when you want, go to bed when it suits you. Living abroad was something I wanted to do from an early age, I guess I just don't like living in the UK.
living here makes life worth living, its easy to do but you need a bit of patience to get residency, and you need to adapt to what may seem to some a strange place to live

I retired at 52, best thing ever in life. get up when you want, go to bed when it suits you. Living abroad was something I wanted to do from an early age, I guess I just don't like living in the UK.

living here makes life worth living, its easy to do but you need a bit of patience to get residency, and you need to adapt to what may seem to some a strange place to live

It's very noisy Jules and for that reason I'm out .
I much prefer the peace and solitude of the Rozzendorf hills but each to their own.

Is your real name Robinson Crusoe?

Where are you based?

I can retire in just over 2 years and if I don’t I actually start losing money! The longer I stay in my job the commutation factor goes down, I’m currently forced into a new pension scheme which I will lose 50% of when I go, it’s complicated and a farce so I’ll take my chances in 2 years at the grand old age of 52. No idea what I’m going to do but the wife will still be working and we will have a 9 year to look after.

To be fair, Rhyl always looks lovely on a sunny day

2 tumors and the loss of a kidney made my decision. I retired at 55, 3 years earlier than I planned. If you can afford to do it then do. No regrets yet. Life really is too short.

Mate I retire today. I am 47 . Diagnosed with cancer of brain at 43 year of treatment back to work. 2 years on Working 7 days a week 15 hour days and getting bollocked off my family , wife and doctor. Not worth it. Cleared my desk Sunday that’s it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.