POTY - Virgil Van Dijk

interesting, if we do win the league, no City player will have won PFA player of the year when we've won the league

2012 - RvP
2014 - Suarez
2018 - Salaha
2019 - van Dijk

Well ssn are bigging him up saying no-one has dribbled past him, lets hope messi ties him up in knots very soon

He is a very good defender, but the way liverpool set-up in front of the back four also helps towards those stats he has achieved

No ones dribbled past him but Sergio muscled in at the near post and broke the back of net and Leroy dinked one in off the far post in January. Fine margins when it comes to the prizes that matter being handed out.

Firstly, let me say that I think VVD is a fantastic player and I think we would have been in there if the transfer fee wasn't as high.

However, my view has always been and always will be that an attacking player should always get the nod over a defensive player. One creates, the other is a stopper - a good one but a stopper nonetheless.

We'll never know but would VVD have been as effective behind a single holding midfielder rather than the 2 or 3 The Dippers have employed???

Rodgers and Suarez won awards when we won the league. He is a top defender and I don't begrudge his award but he wouldn't win it playing for City. Thats the truth.
This is the problem mate, when they won Liverpool were flying at the top when the votes went in. It is a barmy system.

a team sport should not have individual awards ??? and team/manager of the year should be the champions ?? to many awards for single players are given out but without a teammate pass or a goalkeeper great save, or dare i even say the media highlighting you because your agent is part of a company that needs help in pushing up your value and stock ?? the PFA awards are know better than the writers awards and players are told to vote for because of a club they play for, even bitterness towards a club means you can not vote for them ????

sterling has had a great season but its being part of this great squad at man city that makes you standout and without others and pep and coaches physio kitman tea lady cooks fans it would not happen

No ones dribbled past him but Sergio muscled in at the near post and broke the back of net and Leroy dinked one in off the far post in January. Fine margins when it comes to the prizes that matter being handed out.

I'm not surprised, he sits so deep they usually either win a corner or the ball goes out of play.

VVD is undoubtedly a quality defender - and I probably am biased – but the way I see it, VVD has performed as he was expected to perform... I don't think he's kicked-on, so-to-speak, he's performing as expected.
Whereas Sterling this season has kicked-on, surely that step up should be the thing taken into consideration?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.