Leicester (h) pre-match thread

Leicester (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Monday night SHOULD be a party, even if they did lose against Newcastle. Until it is mathematically impossible for them to win it, it SHOULD be nose to the grindstone.

If they lose and City win, putting us 4 pts clear with 1 game to go, then AFTER THE GAME, it definitely SHOULD be Party Time! ;-)

First things first, though!

A few people came to what they thought was a party against QPR in 2012, and look how that turned out for 93:19!!!

IMHO, since the Burnley game, far too many people have acted like it’s done and dusted, because they saw that game as the most dangerous one. Well, Leicester just battered Arsenal 3-0, with Vardy getting 2. And, not like we have ever had a problem beating them, is it?!

Too many chickens being counted for my liking, though not necessarily you MSB, because there is still the possibility for a twist and a turn!!

FWIW, even if they DRAW and we win, that puts us 3 pts clear with better GD, so that means we have to leave ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING on the pitch on Monday night in an effort to win, because nothing else matters until that is accomplished.

Beyond that, unless Cardiff win this weekend, they’re down and Brighton are safe, so they will be ecstatic for that last game!

Fingers and toes crossed for ALL the results to go our way, but when has that ever happened????
I think you might be airing on being overly cautious there.

Arsenal were down to ten men and their away form is currently on par with the rags goalkeeper's abilities.

I think there is a huge difference between being over confident, even cocky compared to be being quietly confident.
I fully understand your concerns especially against QPR and the potential cock-up. However, what we have with this current team is a completely different animal.

The other major difference is Pep and his ability to keep the players grounded, poised and ready to pounce.

In his owns words he's ready for his players to accelerate towards the end of the season.
It really does feel as though we've got extra gears to access and he's been saving it for a sprint finish.

Of course the majority of the media are bigging up Liverpool,and Liverpool still have a decent shot at the title so they still "can" win the title.

It's on us to fuck it up and were capable of doing just that,now and then

We turn up and play as we can,we should beat Leicester and Brighton.

Bottom line.
Yes, your right.

All I will say about that is we were under similar pressure last season to finish on 100 points and we didn't cock that up.

Liverpool (whether the media report it or not) are in unfamiliar territory. They've never won the premier league and Klopp and his dentures haven't won anything in his tenure at Liverpool.

I think you might be airing on being overly cautious there.

Arsenal were down to ten men and their away form is currently on par with the rags goalkeeper's abilities.

I think there is a huge difference between being over confident, even cocky compared to be being quietly confident.
I fully understand your concerns especially against QPR and the potential cock-up. However, what we have with this current team is a completely different animal.

The other major difference is Pep and his ability to keep the players grounded, poised and ready to pounce.

In his owns words he's ready for his players to accelerate towards the end of the season.
It really does feel as though we've got extra gears to access and he's been saving it for a sprint finish.
As a City fan for 50+ years, “overly cautious” has been drilled into me by the team itself!

While I agree, we have not been “Typical City” in quite some time, it is exactly times like this that bring out “Typical City!”

Even going into the last game 3 points ahead, I would be thinking “How many might they score against Wolves?!” and expect Brighton to get on the end of a free kick, cross or corner at the end of a 0-0 stalemate full of heroic defending by them!!!

Sorry, mate, CITY DID THIS TO ME!! ;-)

Does anyone get the feeling there will be a twist in these final two games?. You can't put anything past City can you, even though our consistency has improved ten fold over the years.

No. If there was going to be a twist, for City it would have been Palace away, Spurs home or United or Burnley away. If I 'get a feeling' about the final 2 games, it is that City and Liverpool will win them both.

As a City fan for 50+ years, “overly cautious” has been drilled into me by the team itself!

While I agree, we have not been “Typical City” in quite some time, it is exactly times like this that bring out “Typical City!”

Even going into the last game 3 points ahead, I would be thinking “How many might they score against Wolves?!” and expect Brighton to get on the end of a free kick, cross or corner at the end of a 0-0 stalemate full of heroic defending by them!!!

Sorry, mate, CITY DID THIS TO ME!! ;-)
I'm with you Blue!

I'm also from a similar era of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong"

However, I'm now in the quietly confident camp. That said if you'd have seen me during the last ten minutes against Burnley you would have been forgiven for thinking I was well and truly stuck in the typical City mode.

The great thing about supporting Manchester City is that we all have our individual opinions yet we all want the same thing.

C'mon you Blues!

City will win both games.
Newcastle will draw with L'pool meaning a City win on Monday makes them three points ahead and all but certain to be champions, City 3-0.
Then a sunny afternoon at Brighton City will score twice early on and news will come through Wolves are 1-0 up at Anfield, cue Blackburn-style rejoicing in the stands for the rest of the match. "Oh I do like to be beside the seaside ..."

I've only flicked through a few pages of this thread but it's heartening that 90% of the posts are blues warning other blues that this isn't a done deal, yet.

I'm not disputing Leicester are a good team but we don't have two European games to contend with on top of our league games.

Yet! Despite all that, the broadcasting media are still convinced Liverpool can still win the premier league.
They certainly can, and they even might, but the likelihood is that they won't. 538.com has it at 82/18 in our favor. That's not far off 1/6 chance they'll win, so throw a dice and if it comes up 6, they win. Not likely, but you wouldn't be that surprised if it happened.

I'm with you Blue!

I'm also from a similar era of "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong"

However, I'm now in the quietly confident camp. That said if you'd have seen me during the last ten minutes against Burnley you would have been forgiven for thinking I was well and truly stuck in the typical City mode.

The great thing about supporting Manchester City is that we all have our individual opinions yet we all want the same thing.

C'mon you Blues!
Haha, ditto! But I remember it as ‘it will wrong, it will go wrong’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.