Game of Thrones (season 8)

I have just watched it for the third time and it gets better and better with each viewing. The music is amazing, as are the action sequences. (I'll just ignore the fact that the tactics used by the army of light are woeful.)
As Jon tries to get across the courtyard to the wierding tree. Sam is rolling around the floor with a wight- stabbing him twice.
There's a picture of Arya's knife in one of the books that Sam Stole from the citadel. I was rewatching those episodes last week.

Things that would have improved it:
- Jon fighting with the Night King. If only for a short time with the Night King raising the dead to get Jon out of his hair so he could get to Bran.
- Jon being hit by Viserion lightning and it having no effect (he is a Targaryen after all).
- More accurate defensive battle tactics. Though that would have deprived us of the Dothraki lights going out scene. Certainly the war engines behind the Infantry and use of the wall defenses to sweep the dead away from the walls and to boil them in oil.
Thoughts on this?

@Henkeman @super_city_si @7evens

When you go to the cinema the lights go out for a reason.

The cinema setting in modern TV sets is naturally dark for deep blacks as intended by the directors.

So curtains and blinds closed, all lights off and sit back and enjoy.

It really is that simple to enjoy it as the director intended.
Sorry Blue if my comment read like I was dissing the show and you for liking the budget, my post was short because I didnt want it to contain any info or spoilers so soon after. I have generally enjoyed the series and my wife loves it, but even after closing the curtains etc I felt that the darkness took away from my enjoyment.I get the desperate anarchy in the dark for the characters etc and was enjoying the build up and sense of danger for them all, but the first half of the battle I genuinely could not tell who was in the scene and if they had died or not and while night battles are meant to be confusing and disorientating, as a viewer I like to know whats going on especially if someone you like/admire has been killed or not.Anyway I will be watching the rest of it even if my favourite character did die(human that is), and who knows the next battle may be fought in the daylight. After all humans eyes are better in the light especially if like me you are red/green colourblind, (and probably in denial about needing glasses too).

The Dothraki are Light cavalry as per the Scythians and later the Mongols. Half and half armed with throwing spears and sythes and the other half with bows. Such cavalry would faint charge oponents and pull away continually raking their oponents with missile fire and breaking up the opposition formation. When used ahead of Infantry units they would withdraw to the flanks and harass the enemy as it advanced maybe even to get to the rear of the opposition. So maybe many actually did survive and the lights going out was the sythes embedding themselves in undead. I'd like to think so , but somehow I doubt it.

Last edited:
The Dothraki are Light cavalry as per the Skythians and later the Mongols. Half and half armed with throwing spears and sythes and the other half with bows. Such cavalry would faint charge oponents and pull away continually raking their oponents with missile fire and breaking up the opposition formation. When used ahead of Infantry units they would withdraw to the flanks and harass the enemy as it advanced maybe even to get to the rear of the opposition. So maybe many actually did survive and the lights going out was the sythes embedding themselves in undead. I'd like to think so , but somehow I doubt it.
Wishful thinking. dany and jon saw it from the perfect perspective. Wood chipper.

Sorry Blue if my comment read like I was dissing the show and you for liking the budget, my post was short because I didnt want it to contain any info or spoilers so soon after. I have generally enjoyed the series and my wife loves it, but even after closing the curtains etc I felt that the darkness took away from my enjoyment.I get the desperate anarchy in the dark for the characters etc and was enjoying the build up and sense of danger for them all, but the first half of the battle I genuinely could not tell who was in the scene and if they had died or not and while night battles are meant to be confusing and disorientating, as a viewer I like to know whats going on especially if someone you like/admire has been killed or not.Anyway I will be watching the rest of it even if my favourite character did die(human that is), and who knows the next battle may be fought in the daylight. After all humans eyes are better in the light especially if like me you are red/green colourblind, (and probably in denial about needing glasses too).

The lighting issue is obvious, because of so many complaints.. Those saying you need to adjust settings, sit 16 feet away, draw the curtains, watch in 96k hd, optimally feng shui your living room etc are blind.. Blind to piss poor editing and lighting..

I'm surprised I haven't seen a suggestion of watching the episode at 0.75 speed

A rag though so hope he gets filleted by the end ;-)
_44630195_roland226.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.