Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The rail system is working at virtual capacity its not easy to add additional trains Each train needs a set time to travel through junctions / points According to my brother who worked on the railway it unlikely that there is spare capacity to run the trains you suggest
You'd think they'd be able to do it for an hour 30 times a year. But then I'm not an expert so maybe I'm talking bollocks.

The rail system is working at virtual capacity its not easy to add additional trains Each train needs a set time to travel through junctions / points According to my brother who worked on the railway it unlikely that there is spare capacity to run the trains you suggest

The answer is buses, as posted upthread. Free buses lined up and ready to go without the farce of only boarding one at once, heading to the stations and offsite park and rides. Any other transport intervention will cost £Millions and cannot be justified for 30 home games and 10 concerts.

The railway station at the swamp is barely functional any more and that's due to a lack of trains, that, again, cost £millions and are not normally sitting around.

As for the ground - it's great. All seats have a good view and it's the right size for the support we have. I don't want a tiled bog; I do want faster beer service and that can be fixed with better staffing, training and management.

The answer is buses, as posted upthread. Free buses lined up and ready to go without the farce of only boarding one at once, heading to the stations and offsite park and rides. Any other transport intervention will cost £Millions and cannot be justified for 30 home games and 10 concerts.

The railway station at the swamp is barely functional any more and that's due to a lack of trains, that, again, cost £millions and are not normally sitting around.

As for the ground - it's great. All seats have a good view and it's the right size for the support we have. I don't want a tiled bog; I do want faster beer service and that can be fixed with better staffing, training and management.
A bloody taxi rank would be a start like they have at major airports. The transport is just a disgrace at our stadium.

There must be some flex because the ones I get on are never on time!
That's all part of the problem, apparently the biggest cause of train delays is passengers trying to get on after the wistle
There's a programme to increase rail capacity by adding more through platforms at Piccadilly (next to 13 & 14) but they haven't started building it yet

I think its done The Ordsall Link?

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/lnw/ordsall-chord/

City, ruining walking to a football ground since....

In all seriousness in terms of sustainability it isn't bad. They should get everyone using public transport though where possible but it doesn't have to be mega investment to do so. If the area is to become a destination akin to Media City then public transport will have to improve dramatically. But it is part and parcel of going to football to have a shit time getting home. West Ham used to be abysmal. Tottenham still is.

I remember going to white heart lane years ago and stopping at a mates in Clapham (just south of the river) I think we set of about 4 hours before the game. Couldn't believe it but it turned out about right.

Palace is also worth as special mention. Only done it on a coach but that is the arse end of the wrong side of london.

That's just one of the issues with The Etihad there are no "cellars" for most of the bars so, not easy to install the necessary equipment for the fast pouring system

That's all part of the problem, apparently the biggest cause of train delays is passengers trying to get on after the wistle

I think its done The Ordsall Link?

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/lnw/ordsall-chord/

The Ordsall Link is part of it but the capacity increase also needs new platforms at Piccadilly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Hub

In the meantime they are planning to divert some east-west services via Victoria, plus introduce some new ones - e.g. starting next month there's a new Chester-Leeds service via Manchester Victoria. This is relevant to me because I currently catch my train to the match (when I rail it) from Chester.

Unfortunately (for me) there's no current plan for a service after 9pm so its no good for night matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.