Why we will win the league!

Yep, by league tables! I don’t think you can put it down to luck over 38 games. We should be more magnanimous than that. They’re a very good side. But I think we’re slightly better, and hopefully the table will show that next weekend.

You're not understanding me Ric.All I'm saying is that the best team does not always win the league it just something people say like it's harder to beat a team who have ten men. That's because it's such a low scoring game. In a high scoring game like say basketball there is less luck involved.

It's not a case of being magnanimous or otherwise as I've said Liverpool deserve it if they get it but it's still a calculable fact that we are the better team and it's down to luck. City have had luck too and are 5 points better off than we should be but Liverpool are 11 points better off than they should be.

Last season we were about 8 points better off through luck but we would still have won without it so that was a time when the best team won.

We are essentially agreeing as you've stated yourself we are the better side. Both teams are streets ahead of the rest and I wouldn't begrudge them the cudos they have earned if they pull it off.

Last edited:
You're not understanding me Ric.All I'm saying is that the best team does not always win the league it just something people say like it's harder to beat a team who have ten men. That's because it's such a low scoring game. In a high scoring game like say basketball there is less luck involved.

It's not a case of being magnanimous or otherwise as I've said Liverpool deserve it if they get it but it's still a calculable fact that we are the better team and it's down to luck. City have had luck too and are 5 points better off than we should be but Liverpool are 11 points better off than they should be.

Last season we were about 8 points better off through luck but we would still have won without it so that was a time when the best team won.

Fair enough. I know where you’re coming from, and agree that we probably are the better side, but I’ve no complaints if they win it. Whoever wins it from here deserves it in their own way.

We are essentially agreeing as you've stated yourself we are the better side.
xG isn’t science mate, there is human judgement involved in evaluating it. Same goes for luck.

cant see anything but a solid 3-0 or 4-0 win for us. we hae got it all to play for and they dont have anything to play for. our players will be up for it and perform and with the vast difference in quality we really should win.

I'm with you guys in not wanting the Dippers to win the League but we are on a roll and Brenda is moving us in the right direction. We need to finish the season strongly and we can win this game, that's my opinion. You have a fantastic team, the best in England but on our day.......

You are still not good enough ;-)

Surprise surprise

Sky are already running their adverts for ‘title race final day’

So fuckin transparent

Not sure I buy into that. Whoever wins the league has been the better team over 38 games. If it’s them then it’s gutting, but you can’t argue with the points they’ve accumulated and have to tip your hat. Obviously I still hope/expect us to do it though.

Don’t agree with that at all. It’s like luck evening itself out over a season - that’s a cliche and not necessarily true at all. Some teams get consistently more luck than others.

It will be too hard to take if they win it and while you’d have to acknowledge how dogged they have been in matching us and reducing the gap from last season, it would be impossible to not look back at all the calls and decisions that have dubiously went their way.

I think Pep has got this though, the team have known since January that dropping points would be fatal and they have dealt with it up to now. I’m hoping we are just too good and too professional to blow it now (prays to god).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.