Why we will win the league!

We are more than capable of winning the last 2 games and taking the title but it will come down to how well we hold our nerve.If we stay calm, don't panic , we should be ok. Liverpool certainly have had their share of luck though, the dive for the free kick last night was typical, and i thought it was an own goal again in their favour so superstitions are driving me mad. Hopefully Vardy has a mare tomorrow and we settle early on

Relax everybody we are in the safest of hands! The thing that should frighten everybody and especially Liverpool is that this manager and team will not stand still. We might not get the same points total but next year we will be even better.

We will win the league and we will go to wembley looking for the domestic treble something never achieved in England, the only 1 of the 4 nations countries it hasn't happened in.

What a great season.

The nature of their win last night was pretty galling, especially given the blatant dive for the free kick, but I was fully expecting them to win their last two games. We were always going to have to beat Leicester and Brighton, so nothing has really changed in that regard. Two more wins and it's ours, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Is it just me?

I can’t understand why a large percentage of City fans are concerned and don’t think we'll beat Leicester? What exactly is it about Leicester that frightens people? With all due respect to Leicester, we have beaten better teams all season at the Etihad. Only Palace with a fluke performance, 2 worldie goals, and some comical defending by us, lost us the game. Even then we absolutely battered Palace, but couldn’t get another goal.

When Leicester beat Arsenal, who are absolutely dreadful away from home, it was 1-0 until the end of the game, with Leicester scoring another two poorly defended goals at the end of the game. Arsenal were also down to 10 men for most of the game. I honestly don’t see how that result, and Leicester’s previous results, beating Burnley away, beating Bournemouth at home, beating Huddersfield away, losing to Newcastle at home, drawing with West Ham away, are causing people to panic. Yes, Leicester may score on the break, but they will also concede. And given that scenario, I’d wager that City will score more goals than Leicester will do.

For me the 2 games that were going to decide the title were Spurs at home and Burnley away. We won them both 1-0. They were the games where we were most likely to drop points. We didn’t.

I fully appreciate people are nervous. Are worried. Are on a downer after yet another Liverpool cheating incident match winner. Etc. But let’s have a bit of faith and resolve in the team and Pep. Time and again over the season, and during these last 12 games that we have won, we have been written off by every Liverpool loving ex-player, pundit, and media organisation, but every time we have shown the fight, determination, resolve, and the will to win.

Let me ask you all this. Why is it going to be any different against Leicester?

Last edited:
Is it just me?

I can’t understand why a large percentage of City fans are concerned and don’t think we'll beat Leicester? What exactly is it about Leicester that frightens people? With all due respect to Leicester, we have beaten better teams all season at the Etihad. Only Palace with a fluke performance, 2 worldie goals, and some comical defending by us, lost us the game. Even then we absolutely battered Palace, but couldn’t get another goal.

When Leicester beat Arsenal, who are absolutely dreadful away from home, it was 1-0 until the end of the game, with Leicester scoring another two poorly defended goals at the end of the game. Arsenal were also down to 10 men for most of the match. I honestly don’t see how that result, and Leicester’s previous results, beating Burnley away, beating Bournemouth at home, beating Huddersfield away, losing to Newcastle at home, drawing with West Ham away. are causing people to panic. Yes, Leicester may score on the break, but they will also concede. And given that scenario, I’d wager that City will score more goals than Leicester will do.

For me the 2 games that were going to decide the title were Spurs at home and Burnley away. We won them both 1-0. They were the games where we were most likely to drop points. We didn’t.

I fully appreciate people are nervous. Are worried. Are on a downer after another Liverpool cheating incident match winner. Etc. But let’s have a bit of faith and resolve in the team and Pep. Time and again over the season, and during these last 12 games that we have won, we have been written off by every Liverpool loving ex-player, pundit, and media organisation, but every time we have shown the fight, determination, resolve, and will to win.

Eternal pesimism will never leave more older blues, where the belief at some point it will go tits up.

Glasses half full and waiting for a cock up

No one realistically fears Leicester, but fear cityitis.

Would be dull if we were always overly confident, cocky and arrogant about us sealing it from here on, just not citys style that ;-)

Is it just me?

When Leicester beat Arsenal, who are absolutely dreadful away from home, it was 1-0 until the end of the game, with Leicester scoring another two poorly defended goals at the end of the game. Arsenal were also down to 10 men for most of the game. I honestly don’t see how that result, and Leicester’s previous results, beating Burnley away, beating Bournemouth at home, beating Huddersfield away, losing to Newcastle at home, drawing with West Ham away. are causing people to panic. Yes, Leicester may score on the break, but they will also concede. And given that scenario, I’d wager that City will score more goals than Leicester will do.

I fully appreciate people are nervous. Are worried. Are on a downer after yet another Liverpool cheating incident match winner. Etc. But let’s have a bit of faith and resolve in the team and Pep. Time and again over the season, and during these last 12 games that we have won, we have been written off by every Liverpool loving ex-player, pundit, and media organisation, but every time we have shown the fight, determination, resolve, and the will to win.

Excellent post! My thoughts exactly!

Is it just me?

When Leicester beat Arsenal, who are absolutely dreadful away from home, it was 1-0 until the end of the game, with Leicester scoring another two poorly defended goals at the end of the game. Arsenal were also down to 10 men for most of the game. I honestly don’t see how that result, and Leicester’s previous results, beating Burnley away, beating Bournemouth at home, beating Huddersfield away, losing to Newcastle at home, drawing with West Ham away. are causing people to panic. Yes, Leicester may score on the break, but they will also concede. And given that scenario, I’d wager that City will score more goals than Leicester will do.

It's just the stakes we're playing at.

If someone says you've got a 90% chance of winning £100 everyone thinks, "Oh great, I'm almost definitely 100 quid up"

If the doctor says you've got a 90% chance of making it through surgery, everyone thinks "Jesus Christ there's a 10% chance I'll die".

If it were a normal league game everyone would be confident of a win, but the consequences of not winning are so bad that it distorts things.

All of my in laws are Leicester fans, so our games against them always have a bit more context for me. This time though it’s less about the opposition and more about the situation - it could be against any team and I’d still be feeling nervous. Rationally, I know that if we play to our potential, then we win the next two games. When has being rational and being a football fan ever really gone hand in hand though...? ;)

Is it just me?

I think the problem is that we all know City are the better team and would beat Leicester 9 times out of 10. But football is a funny game - even the greatest teams don't win every match - and this could be the other 1 game out of 10.
We could have 20 shots to their 3 but still lose. It has happened before. Not often, but it could happen.

So I am super-nervous ... couldn't sleep properly last night and will probably be worse tonight. I expect City to dominate and win tomorrow ... but if in the end we scrape a 1-0 win with a last minute fluke against the run of play, I will still be relieved & eternally grateful to the Gods of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.