Why we will win the league!

Expecting comfortable win tomorrow. If the case I hope we score the quickest 2 goals in prem history at Brighton so the scouse cvnts have to play a near 90 minutes knowing it’s for f.ck all. Stadium would be flat as f.ck

It’s more about us than them. If we play to our full potential, we will win. Our last 2 first half performances in the PL have not been great. But we’ve stepped it up in the 2nd half and won both games. Pep has created a machine. Every player knows their job. Their positions. The transitions of play. Where they should be on the pitch. And what they should be doing. Etc. The only thing that will cost us is complacency.

Regardless of the fans wanting the title, the players want it even more. They are 2 games away from retaining the title. And possibly doing the treble, if we win the FA Cup? Creating HISTORY. There’s no way the players won’t give it their all. They will die for each other. They will run through brick walls for each other. They will fight till the end to win the title. We have to fight alongside them. If we all come together and do what we’re supposed to do, City will win the title.

The atmosphere is going to drive us home tomorrow night, I’m telling you it’s going to be the biggest atmosphere of the season!

So true , sick and tired of listening about Klanfield and the Kop and YNWA and their atmosphere under the lights , when the Etihad is rocking there arent many better places to be.

I honestly think this weeks rest will have fired us up big time, especially when the players will know as well as we do that the scousers have been getting handed games on a plate, nobody will convince me they will have watched last night and laughed about it, they will be more determined than ever.

It’s more about us than them. If we play to our full potential, we will win. Our last 2 first half performances in the PL have not been great. But we’ve stepped it up in the 2nd half and won both games. Pep has created a machine. Every player knows their job. Their positions. The transitions of play. Where they should be on the pitch. And what they should be doing. Etc. The only thing that will cost us is complacency.

Regardless of the fans wanting the title, the players want it even more. They are 2 games away from retaining the title. And possibly doing the treble, if we win the FA Cup? Creating HISTORY. There’s no way the players won’t give it their all. They will die for each other. They will run through brick walls for each other. They will fight till the end to win the title. We have to fight alongside them. If we all come together and do what we’re supposed to do, City will win the title.

I couldn’t help but hear a bit of Al Pacino in that.. great post!

Is it just me?

I can’t understand why a large percentage of City fans are concerned and don’t think we'll beat Leicester? What exactly is it about Leicester that frightens people? With all due respect to Leicester, we have beaten better teams all season at the Etihad. Only Palace with a fluke performance, 2 worldie goals, and some comical defending by us, lost us the game. Even then we absolutely battered Palace, but couldn’t get another goal.

When Leicester beat Arsenal, who are absolutely dreadful away from home, it was 1-0 until the end of the game, with Leicester scoring another two poorly defended goals at the end of the game. Arsenal were also down to 10 men for most of the game. I honestly don’t see how that result, and Leicester’s previous results, beating Burnley away, beating Bournemouth at home, beating Huddersfield away, losing to Newcastle at home, drawing with West Ham away, are causing people to panic. Yes, Leicester may score on the break, but they will also concede. And given that scenario, I’d wager that City will score more goals than Leicester will do.

For me the 2 games that were going to decide the title were Spurs at home and Burnley away. We won them both 1-0. They were the games where we were most likely to drop points. We didn’t.

I fully appreciate people are nervous. Are worried. Are on a downer after yet another Liverpool cheating incident match winner. Etc. But let’s have a bit of faith and resolve in the team and Pep. Time and again over the season, and during these last 12 games that we have won, we have been written off by every Liverpool loving ex-player, pundit, and media organisation, but every time we have shown the fight, determination, resolve, and the will to win.

Let me ask you all this. Why is it going to be any different against Leicester?

It won’t be.

We have a colossal home record.

Leicester have a bang average away record.

We have everything to play for.

They have fuck all to play for.

The anxious posters are allowing themselves to be drawn into the emotion and context of ‘what ifs’ and how unjust it would be if the scouse ****s win it.

It’s a game of football, at home, against a team we are much better than.

If we were 15 points clear we’d not bat an eyelid about a home game v Leicester.

Our supporters need to completely forget the wider context and get 1000% behind the lads.

There is no rational reason we won’t win the game.

It won’t be.

The anxious posters are allowing themselves to be drawn into the emotion and context of ‘what ifs’ and how unjust it would be if the scouse ****s win it.

If we were 15 points clear we’d not bat an eyelid about a home game v Leicester.

Our supporters need to completely forget the wider context and get 1000% behind the lads.

There’s some very Churchillian comments on here today Blues.

So remember, everyone attending the game tomorrow night, to coin a phrase once used by the great man himself...

It’s not what your team can do for you, it’s what YOU can do for you team.

Raise the roof tomorrow Blues and the team will look after the rest.

It won’t be.

Typical city has never been rational. It is a deep seated fear, based on nothing but experience, that we will find a way to fuck up

Win our last 2 games and it is another stepping stone out of this way of thinking even for those who were around during the most painful of days.

I get round it by concentrating on the players. It’s Silva not Pollock. Aguero not Taylor. Kompany not Kernaghan and finally Guardiola not Ball. They are proven winners who don’t give typical city a second thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.