Why we will win the league!

Just seen article where Klopp says they've qualified for their final with a win at Newcastle. Seems to me someone needs to inform him that the other finalists so to speak are actually playing a different team over 200 miles away and frankly their game against Wolves really is a glorified non event!
His record & the dips record in finals has helped relax me.

It’s more about us than them. If we play to our full potential, we will win. Our last 2 first half performances in the PL have not been great. But we’ve stepped it up in the 2nd half and won both games. Pep has created a machine. Every player knows their job. Their positions. The transitions of play. Where they should be on the pitch. And what they should be doing. Etc. The only thing that will cost us is complacency.

Regardless of the fans wanting the title, the players want it even more. They are 2 games away from retaining the title. And possibly doing the treble, if we win the FA Cup? Creating HISTORY. There’s no way the players won’t give it their all. They will die for each other. They will run through brick walls for each other. They will fight till the end to win the title. We have to fight alongside them. If we all come together and do what we’re supposed to do, City will win the title.
Fcuk me, thought i was on rawk for a minute ;)
Nah, i agree with you

It won’t be.

We have a colossal home record.

Leicester have a bang average away record.

We have everything to play for.

They have fuck all to play for.

The anxious posters are allowing themselves to be drawn into the emotion and context of ‘what ifs’ and how unjust it would be if the scouse ****s win it.

It’s a game of football, at home, against a team we are much better than.

If we were 15 points clear we’d not bat an eyelid about a home game v Leicester.

Our supporters need to completely forget the wider context and get 1000% behind the lads.

There is no rational reason we won’t win the game.

This.

I think back to 11/12 when we played Newcastle away in the penultimate game. Newcastle finished 5th in the league and were good at home. We won.

Then in 13/14 we played Everton away in the penultimate weekend. Everton also finshed 5th that season and also had a good home record - they hadn't lost to any top half team. We won.

Now we are playing a mid table team, a good one tbf, but not a difficult fixture those 2 mentioned. And we are at home. Then there is the small fact City 18/19 is the best team in PL history.

After yesterday's refereeing decisions in the Liverpool game I honestly think we will not be allowed to win the League. The more often I see that dive by Fabinho, there more I get convinced that the FA is out to help Liverpool as much as possible.

The game against Leicester will be hard anyway as I think they, especially Vardy, can do some real damage to us and we looked really shaky and off form recently against Burnley.
We will not get any decision for us in that game, I fully expect even stonewall penalties not to be given whilst Leicester will get every decision for them.

Back in December when we had turned in that limp performance against Leicester I would have snapped your hands off the run from the Newcastle game has been nothing short of remarkable. If we win the next two games even more, then there’s the prospect of a domestic treble looming after that. What a time to be a blue.

Exactly and even if it doesn’t end well, we aren’t going anywhere. The gulf between the top two and rest is enormous. I can only see us being on a similar number of points again next season. Liverpool won’t do this 2 seasons on the bounce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.