Kelechi Iheanacho

Not that it matters but if it was one thing he could it was finishing chances. He was pretty clinical for us iirc, it was other stuff in his game that were lacking and that’s why we let him go.
We let him go coz we got Gabby. Twas really that simple.

That's probably the end of his career in England, with the Liverpool fan boys aka 'pundits' bashing him every time. I hope he leaves and finds a club where he gets to start a few games back to back, regain his confidence and show his quality.

I hope not. It was a difficult chance - only highlighted because of the timing/who it was.

He hit it first time and had to slow down to take it. Ederson was 10 yards off his line, and had the obvious left side of the goal covered. He either had to curl it into that left side around Ederson, or let it cross his body and try and play it with his weaker foot into a small area on the right side of the goal - at which point Ederson would be a yard or two closer, and the angle a lot smaller.

I think people remember him quite harshly, he wasn't just a finisher, he had good intelligence off the ball too. In fact, he was creative midfielder turned striker, was he not? He was good at getting in the right places at the right time(natural sense for it), getting involved in the thick of the build-up play, knew how to pick a pass etc.

Perhaps his pace and defensive awareness was what made Pep think his future was elsewhere, or maybe it was a mental thing. I guess we'll never know but I still think he might end up a success elsewhere.

He should have gone abroad, Germany or Italy perhaps. The City connection in this country is a hindrance IMO. Or perhaps it's just another move that didn't work out, look at Mahrez who went the other way, he's nowhere near as bad as some City fans make out but he just doesn't look the same player these days. Sanchez at United is another example.

Last edited:
I hope not. It was a difficult chance - only highlighted because of the timing/who it was.

He hit it first time and had to slow down to take it. Ederson was 10 yards off his line, and had the obvious left side of the goal covered. He either had to curl it into that left side around Ederson, or let it cross his body and try and play it with his weaker foot into a small area on the right side of the goal - at which point Ederson would be a yard or two closer, and the angle a lot smaller.

When I watched it on the highlights I realised it wasn't the open goal I thought it was. You've summed it up correctly, Ederson was positioned perfectly and he should take great credit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.