Leicester (H) Post Match Thread.

Was as nervous as hell about the game. Anyone like me? Hardly slept a wink last night, just snoozed for a couple of hours, had a tension headache because of the match.
Spoke to a fellow blue this morning and agreed Leicester kept the ball well in their own half and relied on trying to catch us on the break.
Overall though, if it was earlier in the season and no nerves, we would have been more free flowing with our football.
I was fearing not sleeping if we lost of drew the game. Instead we won and I still couldnt sleep through excitement, I dont know how the players/manager do it.

Some reflections on last night:

I was very disappointed with Leicester.

All the pre-match hype was about how dangerous the Foxes are on the counter and the speed they possess to really worry our 'dodgy' defence, but they hardly had a shot all game and considering Brenda said they were coming to attack, they certainly put a lot of bodies behind the ball.

When Vinnie started moving forward with the ball, I didn’t even think about him shooting, so for a split second, I couldn’t believe he’d actually scored. It was a fabulous strike, and with its context, one of the greatest goals that the Etihad has yet seen.

You could see that the occasion got to him during the lap of appreciation. He was close to tears for much of it.

The funny thing is that coach welcoming last year backfired for Liverpool. I’ve no doubt in my mind it’s been a significant motivator to pip them to the title this year.

Some reflections on last night:

I was very disappointed with Leicester.

All the pre-match hype was about how dangerous the Foxes are on the counter and the speed they possess to really worry our 'dodgy' defence, but they hardly had a shot all game and considering Brenda said they were coming to attack, they certainly put a lot of bodies behind the ball.

When Vinnie started moving forward with the ball, I didn’t even think about him shooting, so for a split second, I couldn’t believe he’d actually scored. It was a fabulous strike, and with its context, one of the greatest goals that the Etihad has yet seen.

You could see that the occasion got to him during the lap of appreciation. He was close to tears for much of it.

Think Rodgers is readying them for next season with what style he wants - ala Pep

They played out from the back last night quite well at times, upfront however they weren't great

Something else I forgot to mention in my previous post:

Often, people react and start to stand and celebrate before the ball hits the net, but the ball was travelling so fast that it was a goal before anyone realised. Watch the spectators in the North Stand.

Think Rodgers is readying them for next season with what style he wants - ala Pep

They played out from the back last night quite well at times, upfront however they weren't great

Agree. They were also very well organised and disciplined, physically strong and, though they did not offer much up front, they might have punished us on the break a couple of times. If they can hold on to their their prize playing assets and make two or three good signings over the summer - including Tielemans - they could challenge for a 5th or even, at a (big) push, 4th spot given the current shambles at OT and the question marks hanging over Chelsea and the Arse, and possibly over Spuds, too, if key players are sold. (And I don’t like Rodgers at all, by the way!)

I was impressed with Leicester. They've got a lot of good players and look like they'll be a really good team next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.