Champions League Games 7/8 May

Barce put in a performance that was very reminiscent of City versus Middlesborough, trouble behind the scenes and the wheels come off. New manager needed, imo.
No way so many players can have an "off night" on that scale, something going on, no idea what, or why.
They’re just not that great. They’re old and slow, apart from Semedo.

They’re not used to that intensity in la liga. They get away with their pedestrian pace and taking rests, in most games.

They’ve a lot of very average players that aren’t up to the standard we were used to seeing with Messi.

We can mock the scousers as much as we like and as much as Barcelona were an insipid complacent mess to turn around a 0-3 deficit is a pretty good achievement. We have to beat Brighton as no way will Wolves get anything there on the back of that on Sunday.
its either a pretty good achievement or a pretty dire effort from Barca,we all know a draw is not good enough down at Brighton a win is a must and we will do it

English teams could go on to dominate the champions league for the next few years or longer.. Barcelona.Real Madrid, Bayern Munich are rapidly getting weaker and the premier league is so strong and even growing stronger.
They’ll have to change the rules again.

Agreed, I really don't like them but credit where credits due.

It was a great performance and I'm not certain we're capable of that..... yet!,

What ?? Is that for real ? Happily let them have the CL if we win PL, FAC and LC. We're not capable of a great performance ? What was beating them in the league ?

credit to pool and klopperty. that was a legendary performance by anyone's standard. For me, if this means that liverpool are now going to be our only serious competitor in england and end up having the kind of tussle that they used to have with the swamp donkeys, then bring it on.

What we saw there tonight was a team who realised they have very little chance of winning the title because it’s out of there hands, so went absolutely all in, bollocks deep on the competition they can, to a degree, control.

They are clearly determined to not finish the season without a pot and in fairness you can’t really knock that.

If they win the CL it won’t bother me in the slightest. I’ll say fair fucks to them. It’d be a brilliant achievement.

However...

This result tonight, when considered rationally, has zero impact on Sunday. In the context of the premier league title, it’s irrelevant.

The situation remains as it was. We score one more goal than Brighton and the title is definitely ours.

Forget Liverpool. They don’t exist.

Do our jobs and it’s our title again.
Yes but let’s not leave it until 93:20 to score one more than them.
Couldn’t take that again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.