Why we will win the league!

Monday was torture. I was on the very back row of EL3 and had room to move about along the concrete at the very back. Couple of metres, give or take. Anyone who’s been up there will know where I mean. I was pacing up and down like a caged animal. It was fucking agony. Felt like Newcastle in 2012. That lack of backbone is not typical of me. This one feels so important. Probably why it was such a release when Vinny scored that incredible goal.

I’m not going to waver in my view that this group of players has everything in them to bring this home, mentally and ability wise. This is a truly remarkable set of players. I genuinely believe it will come to be regarded in a few years as one of the best ever assembled.

Monday was torture. I was on the very back row of EL3 and had room to move about along the concrete at the very back. Couple of metres, give or take. Anyone who’s been up there will know where I mean. I was pacing up and down like a caged animal. It was fucking agony. Felt like Newcastle in 2012. That lack of backbone is not typical of me. This one feels so important. Probably why it was such a release when Vinny scored that incredible goal.

I’m not going to waver in my view that this group of players has everything in them to bring this home, mentally and ability wise. This is a truly remarkable set of players. I genuinely believe it will come to be regarded in a few years as one of the best ever assembled.

Weirdly enough I was calm in the ground, I thought we'd get it done because we've been there before and done it.

I'd have been even more comfortable if we had KDB and Fernandinho but there's a wealth of experience, from the players to the management and fans, we've done it before and we know how to do it.

I'll come out and say it. If we win the league at Brighton, what this group of players will have done will be every bit as incredible as last season. It's one thing to go on a monumental run in the first half of the season, when legs are fresh, you're back from your summer break, and you're not too far into the three other cups, but to do it from Christmas onwards, going far in those three cups, when the stakes are high for everything you're in, and by the way you've got a rival breathing down your neck every step of the way, takes even greater mental resilience, in my view.

I'll come out and say it. If we win the league at Brighton, what this group of players will have done will be every bit as incredible as last season. It's one thing to go on a monumental run in the first half of the season, when legs are fresh, you're back from your summer break, and you're not too far into the three other cups, but to do it from Christmas onwards, going far in those three cups, when the stakes are high for everything you're in, and by the way you've got a rival breathing down your neck every step of the way, takes even greater mental resilience, in my view.
I agree fully but we'll just get citeh bingo,

As for fresh at the start of the season....don't think with the summer we've ever been fresh which makes whatever happens in the last 2 games all the more remarkable.

I actually believe it trumps what we did last year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.