Next season it’s time to admit

Deluded as I am. I still think its possible. If were far enough ahead we can rest players in the league. I dont think liverpool will be this close next year and will allow us take advantage in the latter stages

Don't agre if you try to pick and choose what you win you may we'll win nothing Sport does not offer that luxury
FULL bore the lot for me and accept gladly what we win

Don't think we should underestimate the psychological importance of winning the League Cup in the last two seasons. It gave everyone a taste of winning last season and has already given players a boost this season, including youngsters. Winning trophies, be it the League Cup or Charity Shield, breeds a winning mentality, which other teams do not have, and by dint of us winning these 'minor' competitions, we automatically deny other teams the opportunity for them to develop their own winning mentality. Look how it has played on the minds of Spurs and Liverpool, for example, in recent seasons. If either of those sides wins the Champions League, however, then we may be forced to change tack and apply a different strategy. Liverpool will invest massively again this summer and continue to push us.

Should never pick and choose competitions, just try and win every game. Bound to slip up somewhere along the way but should never purposely throw away a competition.

We'll strengthen a lot in the summer, 4 or 5 players in and then we'll go again on all 4 fronts.

Don't agre if you try to pick and choose what you win you may we'll win nothing Sport does not offer that luxury
FULL bore the lot for me and accept gladly what we win

This is the approach. Enter everything, understand what each competition involves, pick strong teams and see how it rolls. There's too much in a game of football over which the manager and the players have no control whatsoever. Get picky with some competitions and you end up winning nowt!

Personally I don't give a shit about the Champions League, I'd much rather win the domestic trophies.

Personally I don't give a shit about the Champions League, I'd much rather win the domestic trophies.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say you'd rather win the League Cup or FA Cup rather than the Champions League is borderline lunacy, and I suspect a lie in reality.

Deluded as I am. I still think its possible. If were far enough ahead we can rest players in the league. I dont think liverpool will be this close next year and will allow us take advantage in the latter stages
Been hearing about the Dippers fading and bottling it all season - hasn't happened - What makes you think they won't be even better and more confident next season.
The game on Sunday couldn't be more vital; not only in terms of the obvious, but should we fall short - picking ourselves up again.

Maybe I’m spoiled, but I couldn’t give a fuck about the League Cup any more.
That is the problem with modern day football . When I was growing up the English league cup and fa cup we’re must wins and I still believe that they are now . Pep is showing respect for both those cups and opponents by fielding strong teams . J remember Utd being slated for pulling out Of the fa cup and rightly so . In fact the European cup was harder to win when it was the champions from all leagues not some team that finished 4th and wins it . I don’t mind the European cup but if we win it we win it and if we don’t then I won’t lose sleep over it . I love the English cups just wish more did

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.