Applying for jobs

oman0115

I started a new role 4 months ago, it’s a good job I like the company the money is decent and the people are nice. However..., I’ve seen something else advertised which is what I want to do and has better prospects. Would applying for a job after 4 months in my new one look bad to a new employer?

Depends how many times previously you've left a job in a very short period of time.
Yeah, the hiring process is actually quite expensive for a lot of companies once you go through everything up to the end of probation, so no employer wants to be investing a lot in a new member of staff to have them fuck off in short time.
Once is ok, but if someone is making a habit of it then it's definitely a black mark against them.

I would want to see the reason for this in your application so I would certainly make a point of discussing this and why you really want the new job.

It's not a problem though as long as you explain it.

If it does, then they won't hire you and no-one will ever know. If it doesn't, then you might get the job. I guess the only way it could look bad is if they somehow got the stage of contacting your references and then the job fell through for whatever reason and you had to stay in your current job. But as far as I'm concerned, very few companies are in a position to demand loyalty nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.