If We Can Win The League At Brighton

Hi, Brighton fan here.

I posted some info which will hopefully help you guys on the 'pre-match' Brighton thread - if you need any other info please just ask.

Remember there's a free travel zone - details on the other thread.

The Swan at Falmer does have a big screen (in a barn which is only opened match days) but it's home fans only I'm afraid and they check your tickets on entry. Strange situation there as the old landlord (now dead) campaigned heavily against us building at Falmer - the new landlord makes a small fortune on match days - the rest of the week it only gets a few locals in.

Oh, and stop panicking - we've lost to Cardiff, Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley and drawn with Newcastle in our last 5 home games. Add to that we are now safe.

Our home form, once so good, is currently pitiful. Score early and it will be 3 or 4.

Enjoy your day.

I think we've already established that my information re: the Swan was woefully out of date. I've only been there once, a long time before the Amex was built, and I remember thinking what an unremarkable pub it was.

Swan: They do check match day ticket pre-match. If you're thinking of going there during the game (to watch on TV) and then wandering over to the ground with 10 minutes to go, I really have no idea what their policy will be - sorry.

Sussex Uni - again sorry no idea, never been in there.

Cafe - Brighton is full of them - where are you staying?

Cheers on the first 2 answers

Staying opposite the pier

@BHA61 a question about the Swan, though it'a home only do you reckon if a few blues in no colours wanting to go in during the game may get in?

Also when looking saw sussex uni not far has a sports bar, do they allow non students to drink in the Uni?

Lastly best cafe in the town for proper fry up on the sunday morn ? We are there from sat to monday and a full english will be required.

If the roles were reversed I would expect a beamback at the Amex.

Pubs near Brighton station require home colours to get in, most of them with security on the door. The mistake most away fans is arriving too late at Brighton station, minimum one and a quarter hours before KO say for Burnley at home with ticket fans. Train is free. Bar and grub outside the ground. Queues but no toilets outside.

https://thecornerbrighton.co.uk/

It's probably about 5-10 minutes walk, depending on how hungover you are, but worth it.

If you want a really good, but cheap(ish) Italian meal on Saturday evening you'tr staying very close to: http://pizzavip.co.uk/

It's small,so I'd book if you're interested. Owned and run by lovely Italians.

Might have a look at that as also staying over sat to Monday

Brighton Festival/Fringe is on at the moment, so lots going on - restaurants will be busy.

A quick question to BHA61 if I may, I am wondering what the weather will be like on Saturday/Sunday. I do not like 'tan lines' so try to avoid wearing a mankini, but is it a little cold for speedo's ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.