Champions League Games 7/8 May

Except we have never been in the position we are in right now, we are in a position of strength, while the old big boys are just awful right now - Barca, RM, Bayern, Juve, Atleti they are all garbage now, PSG is a one man team. Our team is also very young, Liverpool remain the biggest problem for us in the UCL.
but they will be spending big, like Bayern €80m for Lucas Hernandez. They wont be shit for long.

Well, one way of looking at it, the kop won’t be able to suck the fucking ball off into the net in Madrid.

Ajax, like us and Barcelona is recent seasons, seem to be one of those teams that weren't capable of being pragmatic when they were winning. In the league and the early stages, this keep scoring mentality is great, because you're never really under the cosh. But once you start playing better (not even the best) teams, everyone is capable of turning it on for 20-30 minutes and putting your defence under huge pressure, particularly in a cup competition where there's nothing to lose. When you look at the teams that often do well like Juventus or Real Madrid in the past few seasons, they're capable of just soaking up the pressure in those parts of the game. Look at what Zidane did in the final last year. He just defended during Liverpool's manic period, kept calm, and then gradually took control of the game as they tired and let their superior quality on the ball show. Whereas we played as if we're going to outplay anyone from the first whistle to the last. And Ajax did that tonight. They were 3-0 up. All they needed to do was keep organised and take the sting out of the game (I hate to say it) Mourinho-style. Arguably that's the biggest improvement Liverpool have made since the middle of last season. Not that you can't win it with teams like ours, but I think it's harder if you're relying on outplaying some of the best teams in Europe (at their most motivated) for the full 90 minutes.

I'm pretty sure he tries to back heel it and gets a lucky rebound halfway through.

It's over in a blur!

I was going to say I think you are probably right that the defender gets a touch, but I'm not sure, but then I saw this...

Nope!

Lucas didn't attempt the backheel, he was putting his foot the other side of the ball and turning because of the oncoming defender. I couldn't see how on earth he reacts to the defender on the floor getting a touch. He doesn't. It's another sensational touch that takes it out of the defenders reach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.