Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

We're going from there in a few weeks, dreading it. I think I told the story already on here of how a few years ago they forced me and my daughter through security separately, leaving a 4 year old on her own whilst they held me up to check shoes and asking me to unpack my bags, when I tried to move towards her to calm her down they physically held me and told me not to move. I will hate them forever for that.

This time we have to figure out this stupid new drop off system, get to a place half a mile from the terminal at four am, hope the transfer busses are regular and there aren't and queues, plus if it's outside hope it isn't raining, with young children in tow, then lug all our bags along with us. What could go wrong.

I got back from Europe once and wanted to use the vending machine. It said it took Euros, so I put one in and pressed the button. Nothing happened. Then when I pressed the refund button, it gave me 50p back. The robbing bastards.

Manchester's definitely the worst I've been to for sheer profiteering. Most airports make their money from the airlines and businesses inside and try and make the customer's experience as nice as possible. Manchester's the opposite. Paying to use a trolley is an absolute joke, as is paying to use wifi.

Isn’t the first hour of wi if free?

Schiphol (Amsterdam) is horrid, as well, for many reasons (signage is woeful), not least among them that depending on which runway you land, it can be a 15-20 minute taxi just to get to within view of a terminal (with another 10 minutes to actually park the plane at a gate). Then there’s the actual travel in to centrum.

You think you’ve arrived at your destination, but really the aircraft has only transitioned in to the least nimble, most expensive, highest-capacity cab in the world.

Isn’t the first hour of wi if free?
I just googled it and it's actually 4 hours now. It used to be either 30 minutes or an hour, which is very useful when they insist you get to the airport 2 hours in advance and you get there 30 minutes before that just to be safe. Or if you're transferring and have a long stopover.

And don't get me started on hotels that charge for wifi. They can fuck right off. You're telling me you can afford to put a TV in every room, but you can't let people use the internet without paying? I don't even look at hotels without free wifi any more. It's just the typical UK thing of where can we squeeze some extra money out of people, rather than just offering a good service with pretty basic services included in the price. I'm sure Manchester Airport would charge you to take a shit if they could get away with it.

Schiphol (Amsterdam) is horrid, as well, for many reasons (signage is woeful), not least among them that depending on which runway you land, it can be a 15-20 minute taxi just to get to within view of a terminal (with another 10 minutes to actually park the plane at a gate). Then there’s the actual travel in to centrum.

You think you’ve arrived at your destination, but really the aircraft has only transitioned in to the least nimble, most expensive, highest-capacity cab in the world.
Dubai was the worst for that. I thought that Emirates was supposed to be their flagship carrier, yet our plane parked over a 30 minute bus ride from the terminal.

Athens a few years back. Terminal was miles from check in. At one point I thought I was walking all the way home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.