Brighton pubs (with football)

allblackcitizen

A non-comprehensive guide:-

Central

Walkabout, West St - seems to be the venue of choice. It's like any Walkabout anywhere - big and shite, but it kind of makes sense as a meeting place. Generally I try and avoid anywhere on West St if I can at all help it.

Boutique, West St - never been, but it seems they are catering for City fans with their cringey Madchester themed day

Fiddlers Elbow, Boyces St - decent Irish pub just off West Street

The Font, Meeting House Lane - right in the heart of The Lanes; good pub with big screen

The Pavilion Tavern, Castle Square - across from the Pavilion; spacious and a few screens

King and Queen - very big and caters to the sports watching crowd; was the unofficial plastic red scouse venue of choice, but I'm told they have moved on

Duke of Wellington, Upper Gloucester Rd - not far from the station; traditional boozer/football pub (The Eddy about 20m up the road used to show football, but not sure it does anymore, although is a better pub); other nearby non-football pubs are The Evening Star (Surrey St), The Caxton Arms.

The Railway Bell and Grand Central, Surrey St (right by the station) - will be full of Brighton fans before the game. Not sure away fans will be served.

Other good pubs near the station/in the North Laine area (without screens) - Battle of Trafalgar, The Yeoman (foodie), The West Hill, The Prince Albert, The Lord Nelson, The Great Eastern (fab little pub), The Prince George (vegetarian food), The Foundry, The Office, William IV, Heart in Hand, The Dorset (food), The Fountainhead, The Basketmakers, The Eagle, The North Laine Brewhouse, Bison Bar ...

Loads more in the Lanes and up towards Churchill Square shopping centre - The Cricketers, Black Lion, Bath Arms, Hop Poles, Walrus, Pump House, Market Inn, Druids Inn, Fisherman, Prince of Wales ...

Hanover/Kemp Town (east Brighton)

Will be quieter than pubs in town centre.

With screens - The Constant Service, The Thomas Kemp, The Golden Cannon, Cobden Arms, The Round Georges (my local)

Without screens - Bierhaus, St James, The Ranelagh, Camelford Arms, Sidewinder, The Hand in Hand, Barley Mow, Ginger Dog, The Bristol, Haus on the Hill, The Independent, Setting Sun, The Geese

Seafront/Towards Hove

With screens - Lion & Lobster, Sillwood St (best pub in Brighton - near the West Pier and just off the seafront) probably where i'll end up to watch the game

Without screens (as far as I know) - The Fortune of War and The Tempest (both on the boardwalk - there's also loads of seafront bars

The Robin Hood, The Windmill, Regency Tavern (bit camp, but fun), Royal Sovereign, Iron Duke, Paris House, Bees Mouth, Freemasons

North Brighton

The Swan, Falmer - closest pub to the Amex, but apparently doesn't serve away fans before the game, but maybe somewhere to head to before kickoff if no ticket in case the ground is opened towards the end.

With screens - The Hollingbury, The Stanmer

Without screens - The Park View, Preston Park Tavern (food), Cleveland Arms

Hove

Someone else can do that!

There's loads more and i'll update/add to this list in the next couple of days as I think of them.

Disclaimer - don't blame me if they're shite!

Last edited:
Any recommended pubs in Lewes as that’s where we’re staying Sat - Mon?

A non-comprehensive guide:-

Central

Walkabout, West St - seems to be the venue of choice. It's like any Walkabout anywhere - big and shite, but it kind of makes sense as a meeting place. Generally I try and avoid anywhere on West St if I can at all help it.

Boutique, West St - never been, but it seems they are catering for City fans with their cringey Manchester themed day

Fiddlers Elbow, Boyces St - decent Irish pub just off West Street

The Font, Meeting House Lane - right in the heart of The Lanes; good pub with big screen

The Pavilion Tavern, Castle Square - across from the Pavilion; spacious and a few screens

King and Queen - very big and caters to the sports watching crowd; was the unofficial plastic red scouse venue of choice, but I'm told they have moved on

Duke of Wellington, Upper Gloucester Rd - not far from the station; traditional boozer/football pub (The Eddy about 20m up the road used to show football, but not sure it does anymore, although is a better pub); other nearby non-football pubs are The Evening Star (Surrey St), The Caxton Arms.

The Railway Bell and Grand Central, Surrey St (right by the station) - will be full of Brighton fans before the game. Not sure away fans will be served.

Other good pubs near the station/in the North Laine area (without screens) - Battle of Trafalgar, The Yeoman (foodie), The West Hill, The Prince Albert, The Lord Nelson, The Great Eastern (fab little pub), The Prince George (vegetarian food), The Foundry, The Office, William IV, Heart in Hand, The Dorset (food), The Fountainhead. There are others.

Hanover/Kemp Town (east Brighton)

Will be quieter than pubs in town centre.

With screens - The Constant Service, The Thomas Kemp, The Golden Cannon, Cobden Arms, The Round Georges (my local)

Without screens - Bierhaus, St James, The Ranelagh, Camelford Arms, Sidewinder, The Hand in Hand, Barley Mow, Ginger Dog, The Bristol, Haus on the Hill, The Independent, Setting Sun, The Geese

Seafront/Towards Hove

With screens - Lion & Lobster, Sillwood St (best pub in Brighton - near the West Pier and just off the seafront) probably where i'll end up to watch the game

Without screens (as far as I know) - The Fortune of War and The Tempest (both on the boardwalk - there's also loads of seafront bars

The Robin Hood, The Windmill

North Brighton

The Swan, Falmer - closest pub to the Amex, but apparently doesn't serve away fans before the game, but maybe somewhere to head to before kickoff if no ticket in case the ground is opened towards the end.

With screens - The Hollingbury, The Stanmer

Without screens - The Park View, Preston Park Tavern (food), Cleveland Arms

Hove

Someone else can do that!

There's loads more and i'll update/add to this list in the next couple of days as I think of them.

Disclaimer - don't blame me if they're shite!

You’ve done extremely well here putting all these in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.