Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say of late.....do you mean since he signed? where he has been our first choice right back in our trophy laden,record breaking,seasons?

Nah,i'd hate to see Chilwell develop into something similar....
Fair enough but I'm sure I'm far from alone in doubting Mr Walker's amazingrightbackedousness.

Walker has been decent of late but overall he’s been poor this season. I was hoping for a lot better from any new fb.
Agreed, been wonderful seeing him prove me wrong by bringing such energy and drive into recent games.

However, his lack of technical ability is a real problem. Considering TAA delivering beautiful crosses on the regular, what does Walker offer us in the final third? Sure he makes an overlap from time to time, but, how often do these end up in goal scoring opportunities? Not frequent enough.

Considering the majority of our game is trying to break down stubborn defences in their final third, it would be more beneficial to have someone with more technical ability.

I do prefer Danilo, however, incredibly frustrating how he shoots so frequently when it is typically not the best move. Albeit, he does have a cracking strike from range, much better than Walker.

He's very much a steady Eddie type - Great attitude,fit,reliable,and consistent 7/10(or above) performances.

Pertinently,he's also better than we have.Being English is a bonus.

It's the money that's been bounded about that's the issue £20 - 30 million yes but not a penny more for a steady eddy (which pretty much sums up Danilo) thanks

I'd prefer Telles. Cheaper and much better offensively, which is needed because Walker is not that great going forward

Agreed, been wonderful seeing him prove me wrong by bringing such energy and drive into recent games.

However, his lack of technical ability is a real problem. Considering TAA delivering beautiful crosses on the regular, what does Walker offer us in the final third? Sure he makes an overlap from time to time, but, how often do these end up in goal scoring opportunities? Not frequent enough.

Considering the majority of our game is trying to break down stubborn defences in their final third, it would be more beneficial to have someone with more technical ability.

I do prefer Danilo, however, incredibly frustrating how he shoots so frequently when it is typically not the best move. Albeit, he does have a cracking strike from range, much better than Walker.

Sniff, *ucking sniff.

Chillwell would be the most uninspiring of transfers. Average overpriced englishman that can cross, barely top 5 left backs in the league. Rather have Digne, Telles, Grimaldo, Tierney, Gueirerro or buy back Angelino. If Danilo leaves we can get a homegrown on the right side instead with Aarons or Wan bissaka, or just fill the homegrown quota on other positions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.