Matthijs de Ligt

I think Pep's lost faith in Stones, personally.

3 years under Pep and he's still not established himself as a first choice player.

If that is the case, then it would explain it.

But it appeared to me that he was playing fantastically well, then got injured & we have not had the time to play him back into starting form, as every game is crucial. Rather like what has happened with Jesus even Leroy Sane.

If that is the case, then it would explain it.

But it appeared to me that he was playing fantastically well, then got injured & we have not had the time to play him back into starting form, as every game is crucial. Rather like what has happened with Jesus even Leroy Sane.
He was only injured for about 2 weeks! It's not like he needed loads of time to get back into the swing of things like KDB - who we found time for.

His personal life issues might be another reason he's not come back in, but is that even a good excuse? I don't know, but I just can't see Pep being happy that after 3 full seasons and Stones now weeks away from 25 so not a kid anymore, he still has to take him out of big games because he needs "character" (that was the word I think Pep used after the United game) or drop him against physical strikers.

I really like him so I hope I'm wrong and he's back better than ever next season and ready to step up to being an undroppable member of the starting XI, but it's getting harder to see that outcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.