Benjamin Mendy - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has been unlucky, and cannot really be blamed for his injuries, but if the reports are correct, his rehab process has not been the best. Clearly he has talent, as can be seen by his Monaco games, so let us hope with a clear summer of recovery, he can be back to his best next pre-season, as we don't have the squad slots for three LB.

A one season wonder with Monaco, bought him because he played good against us. Wonder why he was not that good with Olympique de Marseille ( played 81 games) ? ! The thing is, that AS Monaco had Bernardo, Mbappe, Fabinho, Moutinho, Lemar in the same team.
25 games with AS Monaco.
17 games with City in 3 seasons !!!

Andy Robertson, 57+ in 2 seasons.

A one season wonder with Monaco, bought him because he played good against us. Wonder why he was not that good with Olympique de Marseille ( played 81 games) ? ! The thing is, that AS Monaco had Bernardo, Mbappe, Fabinho, Moutinho, Lemar in the same team.
25 games with AS Monaco.

Do you honestly believe that was the extent of the scouting?

25 games with AS Monaco.

But he was highly rated at Marseilles?

25 games with AS Monaco.

Robertson hasn’t been injured though has he, so I don’t get that element? And it’s two seasons.

Hardly his fault if he’s injured.

Is there anyone in the academy that can provide backup to Mendy and Zinchenko next season?
I'm sure the academy football followers can answer that better than me(calling twosips) but I thought Luke Bolton was looking good when we took him on the US tour.

I think he is a winger who can be converted to wingback, shame he's right footed having just googled him, even though he can play on the left, I reckon Pep would only consider a left footer.

His loan in League One doesn't look great, they just haven't played him much(300mins).

I'm sure the academy football followers can answer that better than me(calling twosips) but I thought Luke Bolton was looking good when we took him on the US tour.

I think he is a winger who can be converted to wingback, shame he's right footed having just googled him, even though he can play on the left, I reckon Pep would only consider a left footer.

His loan in League One doesn't look great, they just haven't played him much(300mins).

Didn't know he had gone out on loan. Looked a poor choice of loan too.

Is there anyone in the academy that can provide backup to Mendy and Zinchenko next season?
Left back is currently by far the weakest position in the academy. Have been playing a CB (Ogbeta) and a RB (Frimpong) there for most of the season. Tyreke Wilson has just returned from an injury, and he’s a LB, but is nowhere near good enough. Just signed Oscar Tarensi (16yo LB) from Espanyol, who is apprently highly rated in Spain. Has represented Spain U15 and U16, and Espanyol played him a year ahead of his age group, which isn’t as normal as it is in England I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.