Danny Baker

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Drink drive and you get a slap on the wrist, where as a misguided tweet posted for a few minutes and it costs you your livelihood.
If you believe actions like this help rid the world of racism, your just as ignorant as any scumbag racist.

Bloody hell.

I go off grid for 3 nights, and the whole f*cking wold has gone mad.

WTF?

I love(d) Danny's show on 5Live. The only real bright spark on that station. Very clever and very knowledgeable fellow. Not everyone's cup of tea, but a genuinely decent guy.

FWIW, I've met the lad a couple of times and yapped to him on Twitter and I'm completely of the opinion that it was an accidental fuck up with no malice behind it. That's a character judgement that I'll stand behind happily. I have him down as a very straightforward, no nonsense person who appreciates decency and hates dickheads regardless of race, religion etc. With that said, the only part of all this I find horrific is that his apology hasn't been accepted and that he's lost his job as a consequence, which is a pretty fucking major consequence.
I don't think a society like Britain's today can with a clear conscience apply this punishment to this man, you have dyed in the wool hateful racists being applauded on a day to day basis in your government and media but Danny fucking Baker, irreverent fucker that he is, singled out to be scapegoated so that you can all tell each other that you deal with racism while ignoring blatant incidences of it everyday? Seems completely wrong to me.

That all said, the tweet was out of order and I'm sure he realises that.

Now that he has actually apologised properly ( probably under advice imo) he will probably be picked up by someone like Talksport, after a bit of a break.

People who use social media need to be careful what they do with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.