City enter partnership with Sporting CP (Lisbon)

A true shame that we may miss out on the next Mangala and Fernando
As well as the next Falcao, Deco, Carvalho, Telles, Otamendi, James, Christian Rodriguez etc etc. Plus the community work they do is fantastic and I'd love to see City linked with it.

As well as the next Falcao, Deco, Carvalho, Telles, Otamendi, James, Christian Rodriguez etc etc. Plus the community work they do is fantastic and I'd love to see City linked with it.
The bulk of Portuguese league talent, especially Porto's, stems more from their lack of red tape.

By all accounts Sporting focus more on their own, academy wise, which makes sense for us.

The bulk of Portuguese league talent, especially Porto's, stems more from their lack of red tape.

By all accounts Sporting focus more on their own, academy wise, which makes sense for us.
I'd say the lack of red tape makes sense for us tbh. Under current circumstances and possibly in the future we can nick the homegrown talent from Sporting, but we can't get the work permits for the lads from Porto.

I'd say the lack of red tape makes sense for us tbh. Under current circumstances and possibly in the future we can nick the homegrown talent from Sporting, but we can't get the work permits for the lads from Porto.
But those third party ownership and work permit regulations, or lack of, apply to the league.

Pair that possibility with Sporting's approach to their academy and it appears the more "holistic" option still with those potential 'loopholes' as options.

But those third party ownership and work permit regulations, or lack of, apply to the league.

Pair that possibility with Sporting's approach to their academy and it appears the more "holistic" option still with those potential 'loopholes' as options.
The TPO stuff is outlawed worldwide now, hence Benfica and Porto's decline.

The TPO stuff is outlawed worldwide now, hence Benfica and Porto's decline.
Ah, I knew that was a big reason for South American talent going to the league but wasn't aware it had been outlawed to that extent now.

Ah, I knew that was a big reason for South American talent going to the league but wasn't aware it had been outlawed to that extent now.
FIFA have banned it outright, we're in the transition period now where the existing arrangements are getting phased out but it should lower the initial investment in South American and African players just leaving the work permit issues and putting a cash fund like ours behind a Portuguese team could have major benefits.

Having thought about this, I wonder whether the partnership, only 1%, may be related to the whole football leaks issue. From my understanding Sporting were one of the major clubs targeted through the hacks. Maybe its an enemy of enemy is my friend approach...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.