Ivan Rakitic

I make of it that his PR advisor jumped in quick and told him to backtrack.

You don’t say shit like he said without being a homophobic dinosaur prick.

Hard to tell really isn't it? I don't know if the 2014 quote was pre-prepared or him just speaking normally when surprised with the question at a press conference. I also don't speak Croatian, so have no idea if he was mistranslated/misunderstood in 2012.

Only he knows really, maybe it was a misrepresentative quote, maybe he's homophobic, maybe he was and changed his mind - the only thing we know for certain is that he decided to publicly correct the first statement.

It wasn't a recent interview, it was from 2012.

It got brought up when he signed for Barcelona in 2014 and he said this -

"It was a misunderstanding. I'm an open person and I have no problems with gay players. I'm open to sharing a dressing room with anyone who is a good person and a good player, and sexual orientation is not important to me."

So make of that what you will.

Ah, didn’t realise it was an old interview, not that that makes it any better. Wonder why it’s suddenly started circulating on social media now?

Ah, didn’t realise it was an old interview, not that that makes it any better. Wonder why it’s suddenly started circulating on social media now?

I think I saw the original tweet and it was literally just a journalist discovered the old article, and brought it up because it's such a shocking quote, and then it took off overnight.

Hard to tell really isn't it? I don't know if the 2014 quote was pre-prepared or him just speaking normally when surprised with the question at a press conference. I also don't speak Croatian, so have no idea if he was mistranslated/misunderstood in 2012.

Only he knows really, maybe it was a misrepresentative quote, maybe he's homophobic, maybe he was and changed his mind - the only thing we know for certain is that he decided to publicly correct the first statement.

I can’t see any situation where words like he used are a misquote. It doesn’t get much more direct. No doubt he got stick at the time, which he deserved, and realised his views are disgusting to many people.

If it’s proved beyond doubt that he’s come out with that bile, he needs banning from the game for a while. Examples need to made of these blinkered individuals.
I’m gobsmacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.