The Muppet Show

We even used to have one of them as our manager for a few years.

Manuel-Pellegrini-gallery-002.jpg

Think there have been more than a few involved with our club over the years. All migrated across and out of the city now.

Was taking the step grandson (6 months old) upstairs tonight and for whatever reason I stopped halfway up and sang the song below (not in Morrissey style voice before @jimharri asks)
Mrs Screamer commented on it being such a sweet song she hadn't heard of..... I youtubed it for her, and with her being a Yank suggested that surely she had heard of it before / as a kid. She recalled the Muppets and said it was (she assumed) a show for little kids like Seseme Street and therefore never watched it.
I told her that yes it was the same camp as Seseme Street but the show was deffo for older kids / adults. I also added that at the time we only had 3 channels, one of which (BBC2) was never watched (apart from Faulty Towers and Pot Black) where as she stated she grew up with loads of channels to watch.
It was essential viewing for us Brits... talked about all day Monday in school.... all singing 'Mnamanam doo doo do do doo' the day after it was aired and doing Swedish chef impersonations. Great show. Loved it.
Looking back it was one of those programmes, like Doctor Who, that me and my 2 brothers and our parents would all sit down and watch together.

Like yourself, when I moved to the States I assumed anyone who was my kind of age would know it well. Turns out, most people didn’t and were much more familiar with the Muppets from the films.
The original show was required viewing in our house I used to love it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.