Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the "embargoed" part of Pep's press conference for tomorrow's game.

I got goosebumps when Pep stridently said the above (around the 5 minute mark).

Sounds like Pep knows we will be strengthening the team in a serious way, so that we are not faced with another close title challenge next year, or am I misinterpreting his comments? (As well as have players become even more familiar with his way of playing the game).

Nothing we could do about Liverpool's challenge this year apart from do what we needed to in taking 4 and what should have been 6 points off them. I expect we will maintain our standards at the least and if somebody else raises theirs then it will be close again.

Just watched the "embargoed" part of Pep's press conference for tomorrow's game.

Sounds like Pep knows we will be strengthening the team in a serious way, so that we are not faced with another close title challenge next year, or am I misinterpreting his comments? (As well as have players become even more familiar with his way of playing the game).
hope he buys someone who can score penalties ;-)

That's impossible. We would normally have won this title already. But we are facing a Liverpool side who are probably going to get 97 points.

Even if we improve a lot. It's almost impossible to improve on our last 2 seasons point wise. So i doubt Pep is expecting to run away with the title anytime soon.

That's impossible. We would normally have won this title already. But we are facing a Liverpool side who are probably going to get 97 points.

Even if we improve a lot. It's almost impossible to improve on our last 2 seasons point wise. So i doubt Pep is expecting to run away with the title anytime soon.

Really, why not? This team and the bin dippers (who let's face it have had a lot lucky decisions go their way, which hopefully VAR will stop next year), are a class apart from the chasing pack.

Another year of understanding Pep's way of playing is now imbedded into our players minds, so I see no reason why we can't amass another huge points total again. The only thing stopping us are two major factors, (1) Long Term Injuries and (2) Loss of motivation from players (but Pep will handle that side of things).

I sincerely doubt there will be another team who will come close to competing against us for the title next season.

The best manager we've ever had at City. Gives this man a 10 year contract extension. In Pep we trust. He can buy any players he wants with us. No board politics, full backing and a history to write with us. Do it Manchester City sign him up for another 10 years.

He is really enjoying it here. And can be the first one to win the biggest European trophy. We need to keep him.

Last edited:
The best manager we've ever had at City. Gives this man a 10 year contract extension. In Pep we trust. He can buy any players he wants with us. No board politics, full backing and a history to write with us. Do it Manchester City sign him up for another 10 years.

He is really enjoying it here. And can be the first one to win the Champions league with us. No other top club can give this. We need to keep him. A true legend already.
No doubt in my mind they would give him a lifetime contract. Of course there is one problem with that and a 10 year extension and that is that he is not interested in that kind of commitment. He will keep giving Champions League a go though, and maybe if we are lucky that carrot will remain in front of him while we start a cycle of winning domestic trebles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.