Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire is nowhere near good enough. Looks OK in a packed defence, but whenever Leicester have tried to open up and play more, he's been exposed. God knows what he'd be like with the nonexistant protection our CB's get.

He will go to United for massive money and prove average at the top level.
And because we press so high, we’d be exposed on the counter. He’s not a bad player but his lack of pace would give us Demichelis/Kolarov flashbacks.

That's when we use our wingers.

Yeah but it's just not the same. You look at Pep's Barca and the number of times Dani Alves made the difference was absurd. At his best it was like having 3 players on the pitch, a solid defender, an extra midfielder and a winger to keep width when Messi or later Pedro came inside. He was one of the most important players in that side and crucial to their success in big games (like in Europe).

We have our Abidal figure in Walker - very physical defender, dependable, less technically gifted than most of the side - I wanted an Alves, not another Abidal.

Why ? guesswork or info? When City are briefing that they are not looking for a new left back it sounds a little unlikely to me but I have no info..
Guesswork. Delph is not trusted, Mendy is unreliable with injuries Zinny still got lots to learn. English player is needed if Delph is released.

Was also apparently a reliable guy on the Leicester forum who said a couple months ago that Chilwell was going to City

Was also apparently a reliable guy on the Leicester forum who said a couple months ago that Chilwell was going to City

Hmmm interesting but as usual when the club announce transfer’s then that’s when it’s done for me,but nothing wrong with rumours to keep us ticking over when the season finishes next week ...

Well we need someone to replace Delph and Chilwell is the most logical choice
Or Angelino. 11 assists in all competitions, did well in the CL against Barca, Spurs and Inter, we might have a buy back clause, he’s 22 and homegrown. Zinchenko is good enough to be first choice LB, and Angelino would be an upgrade on Mendy when you take injuries into consideration

Need someone good attacking wise, don't underestimate a really good attacking LB especially someone who can deliver great crosses consistently. Mendy isn't reliable, Chilwell I don't think has shown that in his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.