Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

My house was full and noisy so didn't really listen to the chanting, but I thought I head "IT's happening again! Liverpool, it's happening again" which amused me.

Oh yes Didsbury Dave, we gave it the, It's happening again Liverpool, long and loud, after we had been singing are you listening Merseyside. Great stuff, loved it. I've yet to use my voice this morning, not spoken to anyone but going out now so probably find out if I've still got one!!!!!!

There was a great moment yesterday after the game city fans were in the concourse having a beer whilst Brighton did their thing at the end.

There were a few hundred city fans outside the ground who never had tickets and the stewards bless them opened the gates and let them in so they could see the trophy celebrations. Great stuff.

Yes, I met a couple as I was coming out, people that I know they said that the stewards had been great with them during the match. The main one I spoke to said, I really just wanted to see us receive the trophy but the stewards had told them that they would let them in at the end. Nice gesture.

They certainly were - it was much appreciated - he's been a very special player for us over the past 7 1/2 years and the work he does off the pitch in the City is brilliant. A free signing at the age of 31 who ended up making 235 appearances. He's staying in Brighton - I hope the club can find some sort of role for him.

Anyway - good Morning City fans - and I hope you all have the mother of all hangovers.

Firstly - Congratulations - you deserved to win the League - the table never lies. And as for 198 points over two seasons that is a quite incredible achievement. Money can buy great players and individual talent, but that has to be moulded into a team. A team that has the right work ethic and togetherness. Well Done.

I hope those of you who came down to Brighton had a good trip and enjoyed the City. I was out in Brighton on Saturday evening - quite of few City fans out and about. I had a chat with a few - all good lads, some at least (the older ones) who knew a fair bit about our history too and where we have come from.

As for the game - I thought we did OK for 25 minutes - but once it was 2-1 the result was never really in doubt. Big changes in the summer, possibly including the Manager - he's a great man - a class act - but he's just too conservative, even against the lesser sides. Not sure though - sometimes it's a case of being careful for what you wish for.

I stayed for the presentations - as did the vast majority of Brighton fans - thought that was done well too with a good selection of your music/anthems.

Well done, and see you next season!

Loved Brighton and the people it was a pleasure to visit and look forward to going again

Those goals encapsulated the purity of pur play. An intricate passing move through the parked bus, a clean header with no climbing or barging, a beautiful drive into the top corner from outside the box and beautifully crafted free kick onto the top corner.

Not a deflection, foul, keeper's dropped bollock, penalty, offside or own goal in sight.

There was a great moment yesterday after the game city fans were in the concourse having a beer whilst Brighton did their thing at the end.

There were a few hundred city fans outside the ground who never had tickets and the stewards bless them opened the gates and let them in so they could see the trophy celebrations. Great stuff.

Yep I was one of them, 6 of us came down just to be in the town amongst it, sent one to the ground early looking for tickets - some offered at £500 (Brighton) - no way of getting 6, anyway he goy just one for £200 from a Brighton fan, the rest of us watched it in a Pool Club in town with c60 other city making loads of noise, fantastic atmosphere and all that - on 84 mins and the result secure we jumped into a Taxi to the ground and that just topped the day off - 100 or so of us outside - they just opened the gate and let us in, we were greeted fantastically by the blues in the concourse having a beer it really felt we were all in this together - celebrations from then on brilliant and thank you.

It's obviously his lucky charm, I think Pep is a tad superstitious.
I think pep fucking hates it,its just not his style at all,and as soon as we went a goal down he took it off,hes usually one of the most stylist managers in football,but that scruffy fucking thing hes been wearing is awful

I've had time to calm down now.

What a season! I really believed that we were out after losing to Newcastle. There's no doubting that Liverpool are a good side, but it was made tremendously more difficult by the scarcely believable luck and dodgy officiating decisions they benefited from throughout the season. We've won before and lost before, but I can never recall a season quite like this in the way that everything was thrown at us. The media, the pundits, the commentators, the officials and the bloody Premier League itself. Nearly every team we faced in the run-in were desperate to be the ones that ended our season. We could have stumbled but it wouldn't have dented my pride in the players one iota. Nobody can say that they didn't give everything. It doesn't matter how much quality you have, we wouldn't have even come close without the endless determination shown by the players.

Going forwards, I hope we give Pep everything he needs to continue the successes. We'll never have a manager of his quality again. People like to talk about "generational" players, but Pep is truly a one of a kind. This is the guy we need to build a lasting legacy and cement the club at the very top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.