Gabriel Jesus 2018-19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a better passer, better tackler, more energetic, faster, better dribbler, better at interplay with teammates, better at movement off the ball. Better ball control.

Sergio has better body control, rides tackles better, calmer in the box and holds the line better.

Hence one is a better general footballer, the other a better scorer of goals. There is nothing pseudo intellectual or complicated about the original statement. :?
It's the scoring of goals that's the hardest thing in football, that's why strikers are so expensive. Jesus has done OKish for goals and assists, for the minutes he's played.

However he's missed the most "Big Chances" (18), from the whole PL, as a ratio for the amount of minutes he's actually played.

His ratio of big chances missed, per hours played, is over four times higher than our other forwards.

He needs to be more clinical.

It's the scoring of goals that's the hardest thing in football, that's why strikers are so expensive. Jesus has done OKish for goals and assists, for the minutes he's played.

However he's missed the most "Big Chances" (18), from the whole PL, as a ratio for the amount of minutes he's actually played.

His ratio of big chances missed, per hours played, is over four times higher than our other forwards.

He needs to be more clinical.

Being clinical when you only play once a month is very difficult.

Being clinical when you only play once a month is very difficult.
I accept that but if he was more clinical he would likely get more game time ;-)

(Also for the minutes he's played he's probably in the top 3 PL most offsides per minute!)

Edit: Trying to find an opposition forward with similar playing time. Liverpool’s Shaqiri has near identical minutes, in a similar level team.

Jesus: 7 Goals, 3 Assists, 13 Offsides, 4 Big chances created, 18 Big chances missed, 357 passes, 10 Tackles, 29 Times dispossessed.

Shaqiri: 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 Offsides, 3 Big chances created, 3 Big chances missed, 639 passes, 14 tackles, 18 Times dispossessed.

I love Jesus's workrate but he must take more of his chances and be less offside, if he is to be our main striker.

Last edited:
He is a better footballer than Sergio. Just not as good of a striker or goal scorer. A run of games will eventually cut down the offsides naturally. And his better general football will lead to more chances.

It would surprise me if he scored less than 20 goals a season in the league as a starter. His natural efforts off the ball for me pits him in good stand. Look forward to when he takes over from the legend.

55767431.jpg

I hope you are right, but I didn't see that yet.

I’m hoping both he and Sane stay as they are the clubs immediate future. For any club to buy them it would cost a huge amount of money. Sane £80-100 million and Jesus £70-80 million given their ages.

I accept that but if he was more clinical he would likely get more game time ;-)

(Also for the minutes he's played he's probably in the top 3 PL most offsides per minute!)

Edit: Trying to find an opposition forward with similar playing time. Liverpool’s Shaqiri has near identical minutes, in a similar level team.

Jesus: 7 Goals, 3 Assists, 13 Offsides, 4 Big chances created, 18 Big chances missed, 357 passes, 10 Tackles, 29 Times dispossessed.

Shaqiri: 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 2 Offsides, 3 Big chances created, 3 Big chances missed, 639 passes, 14 tackles, 18 Times dispossessed.

I love Jesus's workrate but he must take more of his chances and be less offside, if he is to be our main striker.
There's a big discrepancy comparing those stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.