Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
D6Ydo6dWAAAnTRt.jpg
It's crazy to think, it had only been 5 years since liverpool last won the league back then, they were (almost) still a relevant club

A Liverpool fan on the cafe

Today at 13:36
Fenre New Member
Supports:
Liverpool
Some fans would probably say I am just bitter as a Liverpool fan when I write this. They are free to do that, but it does not make this less true. We need to address this. The elephant in theroom. And that is that a team, backed by money from a country with slavery, racism and terrible human rights records, have just one the league, and they are using this as a propaganda machine.

Let me make this clear. Almost no team in the world is on the high ground here. I am just writing this here to maybe get some focus on this again. It sickens me all the praise this team is getting, without even problematize how the club has become what it is.

The owners of Manchester City have built up their riches on the back of exploitation of migrant workers, that has a structural racism backed into it. Addition to that, the United Arabs Emirates is being criticized regularly for their unfair trails, lack of freedom of expression, torture, and discrimination against women.

One example of this, is for example the trafficking of children as used for jockeys. I first read about this in an article by Nicholas McGeehan (http://www.josimar.no/artikler/the-men-behind-manchester-city-the-dark-side/5040/) in which he writes about the leisure activity of the royal family behind Manchester City. Camel racing, with children as jockeys. As he writes:

“Children who spoke to Anti-Slavery International said that they were underfed to keep their weight down, forced to work long hours with either minimal or no pay, and beaten. UNICEF reported that some children were also sexually abused. Save the Children described harrowing stories of children stung by scorpions while they tried to sleep, children bitten in the face by camels as they posed for photos with victorious sheikhs, children given electric shocks for stealing dates intended for the camels, and child jockeys trampled and left untreated in the backs of vans. “

This year, we have seen something fantastic, and that is players speaking up against racism in football. I really hope that this continues, and that we start addressing other issues here as well.

For me, owners like the owners of Manchester City should not be allowed to buy a club that is loved by so many, and then use it as a propaganda machine. They should be thrown out of this sport. Football was and is the escape for many workers from their daily life, and to enjoy something beautiful. Our joy however should not be built on the exploitation of other workers, and other horrible acts of human rights violation.

But are we doing anything? No. We are just all saying that this is something we can’t do anything about. We pay the tickets and we praise the football and turn the blind eye towards the uncomfortable.

It’s fecking sickening.

even if they walk away from manchester city tomorrow ??? we are in safe hands and the club is making more than we spend and running at a profit without a single £ of debt, with no loans been took on the future sales of season tickets and no loan on assets like the ground and training camp ??? the next ten years have been blueprinted and setup from top to bottom everything is being taken care off, even the kit sponsors the highest in the clubs history and one of the biggest ever in the league done and dusted

even dare i say when pep is leaving ??? we are now looking at what next and the setup just to move somebody in without change and smooth as you like ??, so don't think manchester city will crumble without sheikh mansour its well and truly past any fear of being a danger zone wait to happen, ?? our value is the biggest in the premier league and close to £3billion ?? when you add up everything up ?? and with what was spent in buying manchester city its a smart deal and a great return for sheikh mansour and the investors if he ever feels like selling up

A Liverpool fan on the cafe

Today at 13:36
Fenre New Member
Supports:
Liverpool
Some fans would probably say I am just bitter as a Liverpool fan when I write this. They are free to do that, but it does not make this less true. We need to address this. The elephant in the room. And that is that a team, backed by money from a country with slavery, racism and terrible human rights records, have just one the league, and they are using this as a propaganda machine.

Let me make this clear. Almost no team in the world is on the high ground here. I am just writing this here to maybe get some focus on this again. It sickens me all the praise this team is getting, without even problematize how the club has become what it is.

The owners of Manchester City have built up their riches on the back of exploitation of migrant workers, that has a structural racism backed into it. Addition to that, the United Arabs Emirates is being criticized regularly for their unfair trails, lack of freedom of expression, torture, and discrimination against women.

One example of this, is for example the trafficking of children as used for jockeys. I first read about this in an article by Nicholas McGeehan (http://www.josimar.no/artikler/the-men-behind-manchester-city-the-dark-side/5040/) in which he writes about the leisure activity of the royal family behind Manchester City. Camel racing, with children as jockeys. As he writes:

“Children who spoke to Anti-Slavery International said that they were underfed to keep their weight down, forced to work long hours with either minimal or no pay, and beaten. UNICEF reported that some children were also sexually abused. Save the Children described harrowing stories of children stung by scorpions while they tried to sleep, children bitten in the face by camels as they posed for photos with victorious sheikhs, children given electric shocks for stealing dates intended for the camels, and child jockeys trampled and left untreated in the backs of vans. “

This year, we have seen something fantastic, and that is players speaking up against racism in football. I really hope that this continues, and that we start addressing other issues here as well.

For me, owners like the owners of Manchester City should not be allowed to buy a club that is loved by so many, and then use it as a propaganda machine. They should be thrown out of this sport. Football was and is the escape for many workers from their daily life, and to enjoy something beautiful. Our joy however should not be built on the exploitation of other workers, and other horrible acts of human rights violation.

But are we doing anything? No. We are just all saying that this is something we can’t do anything about. We pay the tickets and we praise the football and turn the blind eye towards the uncomfortable.

It’s fecking sickening.

Interesting his main point is about racism. Their owner and ownership group is American. America is the very definition of institutionalised racism...

I fully endorse those sentiments, big gaz.

I’ve had too many years of false dawns and kicks in the teeth to celebrate before the trophy is in the bag. It even happened this season, as I expected us to beat Spurs over the two legs.
First game in 67 as an 8 year old think we've walked the same road ;-) Lets enjoy Saturday now.

So much grasping of straws it’s great.

I’ve read quite a bit of RAWK and it’s great fun just seeing how annoyed they are, it’s unfortunate Barca did not turn up as there season being over would have made them even more bitter.

It’s all a width of a post or 11mm etc. that has won us the league.

This is despite them still being 4 points ahead and could have gone back to 7.

For me Liverpool struggle to lead a title race, chasing there world class but leading there bottle goes.

If we where 10 points ahead and we went on this 14 game run, I think they would have dropped the points we needed to win.

Unfortunately for them City can chase but also lead and that is why we have the trophy.

Thet tried every dirty trick in the book and made some new ones up as well and still couldn't do it,watch and learn ****s,you win by being fully focused on winning games fairly,that way you don't lose sight of the goal

What was it yesterday,6 grand a ticket? lol

VAR will sort the fuckers out next season

Im not convinced. Whilst there are bent bastards assessing other bent bastards behind closed doors, there is every possibility they will still get favourable decisions. VAR will be a joke until such time it becomes fully transparent - rant over

Another good thing to remember is that the blow we inflicted upon those bastards yesterday will never heal. Ever. There will be constant reminders on TV and in the media for decades to come. Each final day of the season from now on their failure will be highlighted on MotD (or some other football-based programme, somewhere in the universe).

Make no mistake, what happened yesterday has deeply wounded them. Their pride has been damaged irreperably by the fact that despite accumulating all those points and losing only one game, despite binning the FA Cup and League Cup, they still fell short. They finished behind us. So the nasty, spiteful, venom their supporters aim at the club we love, the players we idolise, the staff, and all involved with the day-to-day running of Manchester City F.C. means nothing because it is based purely on a bitter, rancid jealousy of any club whose success puts them in the shade.
It could have been Arsenal, Chelsea, Spuds, Everton or any other number of well-run and established football clubs that won the Prem yesterday, and the poisonous dipper fans would have turned their wrath towards them.

Their absolute insistence that they are always the victim means they take any and every setback personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.