Huawei P30 Pro

Brilliant phone, only issue for me has been quality control. I had the Mate P20 pro and had to get it swapped out 4 times before i gave up as the screen just kept going green and un-useable. The company were useless and never admitted the fault once, not sure how that bodes for their future but my sister has this phone and i had a play around with it yesterday and its brilliant. I have a Pixel 3XL now and will probably wait for the Mate 30 pro and the Pixel 4 to come out so i can compare them together. At present the P30 is the best phone on the market if you want an android, but the Samsung 10 is very close.

I'm keeping a look out for the Oppo Reno. Very like the P30 Pro, but it's 5G and no notch for the forward facing camera.

The P30 Pro is definitely a contender, but to say it's unequivocally the best is overstating it IMO. The P30 Pro has the best camera for sure, but the Samsung Galaxy S10+ has it beaten on several other parameters (notably the screen, headphone jack, fingerprint sensor, wifi, two speaker sound quality), it's just I can't stand the thought of Bixby and all the Samsung bloatware.

Last edited:
I'm having a look at Asus for my next phone. Not the expensive ones though, although apparently their new flagship phone looks impressive (not sure it's out yet).

The other thing I'd quickly say is that if you to the cave in and get a Samsung, the one thing they do have going for them is that everyone under the sun makes accessories for Samsung. You get no end of choice in terms of screen protectors, cases, accessories of every which kind. I've got a Pixel XL (had it a couple of years and just waiting to change it) and it's amazing just how restricted your choices are for these sorts of things, compared to a Samsung.

I came to the P20 Pro from an iPhone 7 and they are fantastic phones and far cheaper, I can't see the P30 Pro being any different.

Only thing I have found is Huawei are VERY slow in rolling out updates to add features. Android Pie came out in August last year and it took them 6 months to get the EMUI update for it out.

If you have the money and want a 10/10 phone then get the Samsung. If you want a very good 9/10 or even 10/10 phone for almost half the price then get the P30 Pro.

If you want to spend more money than any of the others, get an iPhone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.