2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

There will be big turnover

Bravo will go
Danillio will go
Vinny probably go
Otamendi will go
Delph will go
Gundog possibly
And I think one of Sane and Jesus
And possibly even David Silva

We will be busy this summer. Can see 7 signings maybe which is no bad thing.

Bravo will go
Danillio will go
Vinny probably go
Otamendi will go
Delph will go
Gundog possibly

That potentially looks like two windows work

He's going to West Ham, right?
I previously speculated West Ham due to pellers and zabba, anywhere else in prem ie top 6 club would not sit well with him and to be fair he is too old, injury prone and expensive for a top European club. Given what Guardiola and komps are saying, I would be gobsmacked if he was at city next year.
It is only my opinion, no need for the sarcasm.
Prick

Bravo will go
Danillio will go
Vinny probably go
Otamendi will go
Delph will go

Gundog possibly

Agree that those in bold will go and Mangala, too. To give an idea of what those players contributed in minutes played in the League this season:

Bravo 0 mins
Mangala 0 mins
Delph 725 mins
Danilo 806 mins
Kompany 1,223 mins
Otamendi 1,233 mins

Total 3,987

By way of comparison, Laporte alone played 3,057 minutes in the league.

Not sure we'll sign 7 players but think we'll have 7 (new(ish)) players in position by August Think we’ll sign a right-back, a quality center-half (Fernandinho/Sandler/Garcia can also play there) and two central midfielders. Think we might have also a few more 'senior' fringe players around trying to emulate what Zinchenko has managed (Adarabioyo, Luiz, Roberts, and Garcia), which should give the squad the necessary depth to go on all fronts and to allow injured personnel time to recover. Only concern then would be what happens at left back if there are injuries.

Expect Sane and Jesus to stay and next season to see us make a transition to a style of play that makes us less dependent on Aguero. That could be one of Guardiola's biggest challenges.

Agree that those in bold will go and Mangala, too. To give an idea of what those players contributed in minutes played in the League this season:

Bravo 0 mins
Mangala 0 mins
Delph 725 mins
Danilo 806 mins
Kompany 1,223 mins
Otamendi 1,233 mins

Total 3,987

I doubt we'll see 7 signings either. Probably 3-5. And i get your point.

But Fernandinho and David Silva played an insane amount of minutes this season. David is 33 and Ferna is 34. You'd expect those minutes to dramatically drop. So you should take that into account.

I doubt we'll see 7 signings either. Probably 3-5. And i get your point.

But Fernandinho and David Silva played an insane amount of minutes this season. David is 33 and Ferna is 34. You'd expect those minutes to dramatically drop. So you should take that into account.

Agreed, and I do, hence the need for us to sign two quality midfielders. Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, and de Bruyne need fresh legs in there to support them, with Silva, Foden, and others lending support. Fernandinho can comfortably play some games at center half, too.

CB: De Ligt - he’s going to be the best CB in the world one day and now when we’re going through transition eith our CB’s, I feel we need to get him

CDM: Allan - he’s the best option but there has been no links, Rodri who is also very Fernandinho esc who we have been linked to is also a very good alternative

CM: Ziyech - play both CM and RW like Bernardo Silva, he will help cover Gundogan eho looks set to leave and Mahrez who hopefully leaves

LB: Alex Telles - he’s 26, great creator whilst being more stable at the back than Mendy, eho we all know we can’t rely on as he’d rather go clubbing and ok holiday rather than stay fit

RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka - probably the best fullback prospect in the world right now and will be great for roatation and then eventually takeover from Walker, who we all know his form is inconsistent as he can put up star performances like against Tottenham or he can become a danger to our side with his rash decision making and common mistakes

I believe if we get 3 of these players then we can be UCL contenders which by this point is our most important objective.

This i think and want, all depens who is going out etc.

Out:
Bravo
Otamendi
Danilo
Delph
Aleix Garcia
Douglas Luiz (loan or sold)
Manu Garcia
Marlos Moreno
Jack Harrison
Patrick Roberts
E. Mangala
Cacares
Brattan
Diskerud
Brandon Parker
Gabriel Jesus (Sold or loan)
Ilkay Gundogan (If he dont sign new contract)
Muric (loan)
Tosin (loan)
Sadler (loan)

Inn:
Zack Steffen (If he gets work permit?)
Mathijs de ligt (if he decides to come here) / Or Harry Maguire
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Rodri
Aouar
Bruno Fernandes (Depens on Ilkay)
Joao Felix

Alex Telles or Ben Chilwell Januar 2020.

Last edited:
Ndidi, De Ligt, Bruno Fernandes. Probably 180mil.

We need a threat from distance against packed defences. Fernandes’ G&A is incredible and would take the burden off KDB. Silva and/or Gundogan are likely leaving or playing less.

Ndidi is tall, quick and puts up Kante numbers in midfield. We keep the ball well but he’d really help break up counters and cut out attacks. Also Premiership proven.

De Ligt, not much needs to be said.

Would be very happy with that. Don’t think it’s unrealistic either, unless De Ligt goes Barcelona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.