Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mahrez will be a great player for City and loved his goal yesterday. He can win games on his own and there's no doubting his talent. Am really looking forward to seeing him play next season and I have a feeling we will be seeing some amazing goals from him.

One minute before he scored - I screamed fuckoff Mahrez you are shite.

Then I was going absolutely mental. Lets hope he comes good.

That was a decent start!

Saved his best game of the season for the most important game of the season. Sublime the way he checked back on to his right foot for the goal, a truly iconic moment in our history. Hopefully playing such an integral part on such a massive occasion gives him the confidence to thrive next season

Mahrez 18-19, is hopefully the (sort of) Bernardo of 17-18, with a similar level of improvement in his 2nd year.

Looking at the PL celebrations and aftermath comradere (sp), he seemed to part of the squad, engaging with people and getting engaged with himself.
Which is better than I thought was the case at around the penalty miss.

Mahrez22: “I’m very happy here. I’m not going somewhere else because I don’t play. It’s part of the game. I need to be strong, stay strong. It’s part of my personality, I never hide away from things...”

“It’s not easy to come to a settled team. That squad did everything last season. I knew it wouldn’t be easy but I’m confident in myself and have no doubts about my quality. I knew that when I had my chance I’d take it. I scored at Brighton and helped.”

“Of course if I scored [at Anfield] we would have had two more points but in some games I scored and we won 1-0. So we’re not going to count everything, it’s about what we did.“

All his goals come centrally. He is so good in front of goal, I think Pep should continue to use Sterling and Bernardo out wide, but go with Mahrez and Kevin in the middle, let Kevin operate a little deeper and Mahrez a little more advanced. The one thing I always hoped David could bring is more goals, and Mahrez will do that better, probably less assists but he can improve there.

It wouldn't be bad to let Mahrez play on David Silva position, he is dangerous in front of the goal. In the middle he could use both foots to shoot on goal while on the right side he seems to be limited on cutting inside. Because his right foot isn't good enough on precision crossing. But he can definitely shoot with it. It's not the first time Pep is using a player on a different position, and I think it would suit Mahrez well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.