Aymeric Laporte - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a nonsense excuse from a nonsense manager. He simply has something personal against Laporte. Has nothing to do with his philosophy. If that were the case, all the 18 yearolds that have joined the team in the last 3 years would all still be on the outside looking in.

You simply invite the best players and from practice, pick the best.

It isn't an explanation from Deschamps, it was Julian Laurens' reading of the situation and I don't think he was trying to suggest it was to do with Deschamps' philosophy either. His point was Deschamps tends to stick with players he knows. Obviously new players come in when there is a vacancy but it's hard to dislodge players who are settled in the position and performing well for their country. But yes, I agree he seems to have a bit of problem with Laporte. The French national team seems to always have one or two world class players who are needlessly ostracised.

I am suggesting that he isn't a dabbing, twitter, instagram obsessed professional. Id include others in that group also e.g. Greizman. Do you envisage Laporte doing a 'fortnite' celebration after bagging a goal?

Sorry, can see that I should have worded my post better

I think you have a good point. Laporte seems very grounded and focussed unlike some of the ones you mentioned. Surprising really, since Deschamps was closer in personality to Laporte than the others

Once the Virgil wankfest subsided level headed observers will realise that this lad is every bit as good if not better. Eric has a midfield full of ball playing artists charging forward in front of him with just Ferna for help, Virgil has 3 workhorse midfielders to help him.

Eric’s played alongside 3 different partners and looked equally assured with each one, he’s chipped in with some brave headed goals and some fantastic forward passes for assists. He’s barely put a foot wrong all season.

He just needs to come out of himself a bit and show more leadership on the field imo but it’s a minor issue after a wonderful season for the lad.

Once the Virgil wankfest subsided level headed observers will realise that this lad is every bit as good if not better. Eric has a midfield full of ball playing artists charging forward in front of him with just Ferna for help, Virgil has 3 workhorse midfielders to help him.

Eric’s played alongside 3 different partners and looked equally assured with each one, he’s chipped in with some brave headed goals and some fantastic forward passes for assists. He’s barely put a foot wrong all season.

He just needs to come out of himself a bit and show more leadership on the field imo but it’s a minor issue after a wonderful season for the lad.
Love Larpote. And think he is on the trajectory towards greatness. But it takes nothing from me or Laporte to say VVD is a better player. He is. Yes, there is hype around him. But that shouldn't take away from his talent. He is currently the best CB in the league. That's just the truth.

Love Laporte, and equally love the fact he can have a rest during the international break. My fingers are crossed during every IB, just because we usually have so many players out there, with a chance of picking up an injury.

Love Larpote. And think he is on the trajectory towards greatness. But it takes nothing from me or Laporte to say VVD is a better player. He is. Yes, there is hype around him. But that shouldn't take away from his talent. He is currently the best CB in the league. That's just the truth.
I disagree, our defense and Eddie managed to concede just 1 more goal than Van Dicky and his impenetrable gang.

Laporte has spent his first full season playing next to a CM holding a temporary position, combined with walker who had World Cup hangover and an often changing partner.

Van Dicky spent his 4th season in the PL with his strongest teammates around him pretty much all season.

I’d take Laporte any day of the week

class act, would like to see us invest in another cb to compliment him .
Not sure about stones as a worthy replacement for vinny

I disagree, our defense and Eddie managed to concede just 1 more goal than Van Dicky and his impenetrable gang.

Laporte has spent his first full season playing next to a CM holding a temporary position, combined with walker who had World Cup hangover and an often changing partner.

Van Dicky spent his 4th season in the PL with his strongest teammates around him pretty much all season.

I’d take Laporte any day of the week
I think you've just given a list of excuses for why Van Dyke was better. So it's seems you agree with me that he was better.

For example if I say Aguero was the best striker in the league this season, and an Everton fan responds that Richarlison is better but he just hasn't been in the league for 8 years like Aguero, and doesn't have players like Debryune, Sterling, and Bernado getting him the ball and Everton didn't have half of City's possession etc... Sure all that is true, but that is not relevant to determining who was better this season.

Same is the case here. From an individual performance standpoint, Van Dyke was the best CB in the league this year.

I think you've just given a list of excuses for why Van Dyke was better. So it's seems you agree with me that he was better.

For example if I say Aguero was the best striker in the league this season, and an Everton fan responds that Richarlison is better but he just hasn't been in the league for 8 years like Aguero, and doesn't have players like Debryune, Sterling, and Bernado getting him the ball and Everton didn't have half of City's possession etc... Sure all that is true, but that is not relevant to determining who was better this season.

Same is the case here. From an individual performance standpoint, Van Dyke was the best CB in the league this year.
Ah so you’ve gone for confirmation bias. Not unexpected but wrong all the same.

The point is, that Laporte has performed essentially the same but 1 goal worse off than the subject of your throbbing admiration whilst having less time to get used to the league and much more challenging team mates around him.

So no, I do not agree with you and nor will I.

That looped back pass to Ederson was quite funny. It was almost as if the referee couldn't believe that Laporte meant to do that but I think he absolutely did. We definitely got away with on there haha.

We did not. It's not a fault play if the pass to the goalkeeper is made with the ball being higher than a knee. It was on that situation, so it's a good play and keeper is allowed to catch it even if the pass was made by a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.