Community Shield

I have been to all of our recent charity shield games.
If it is the scousers we play there is a good chance I will give it a miss.
Just not worth the hassle.

If we do beat Wolves and have to play Neverpool we will, with some justification, be able to sing, "You're only here because of City"

100% we should be boycotting this as a stand against the unbelievable pricing from the FA.

If you're not going to do it in a televised friendly at Wembley we might as well just accept that we're gonna keep getting the piss taken out of us (and by us, I mean ALL FOOTBALL FANS) for pricing.

I'm sure at lot will go but a lot won't. The challenge is making it generally understood that our staying away is about ticket pricing and specifically the FA Cup Final pricing. I know there were £45 tickets but it's about the quantities. I don't even object to some £250 tickets for Club Wembley if people want that experience. What sickens me is charging ordinary fans £115 and £145 for ordinary seats.
Without guidance the media will portray empty seats in their usual negative way or say most City fans are still away on holiday!
There are some decent journalists who will pick up on a protest story if it is well signposted.

I'm sure at lot will go but a lot won't. The challenge is making it generally understood that our staying away is about ticket pricing and specifically the FA Cup Final pricing. I know there were £45 tickets but it's about the quantities. I don't even object to some £250 tickets for Club Wembley if people want that experience. What sickens me is charging ordinary fans £115 and £145 for ordinary seats.
Without guidance the media will portray empty seats in their usual negative way or say most City fans are still away on holiday!
There are some decent journalists who will pick up on a protest story if it is well signposted.

Which is why we should be standing together and really pushing this amongst our fan base a few weeks before the tickets go on sale.

The thing is with football supporters in this country is no one has the bollocks to do it because of tribalism. People will still buy tickets for the Community Shield in the fear that Barry from work might say that City fans are fair weather.

Liverpool only lost it on some technicality ... I believe it was something to do with us having more points than them, or some such nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.