UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. This is a major bollock dropped by someone on the inside who, in their glee, couldn't even wait a couple of weeks to smear us. Someone very bitter about losing the league on Sunday and with historic links to the NYT I would suggest.

Finally, this is the sort of leverage we needed to begin our counter-attack.
Don't think it's an accident that we have gone all in when a non UK based paper decided to report it either

Make an example, put a marker down. Let the others think next time

Leaked Khaldoon's image from this morning :

maxresdefault.jpg

Excellent response in preparation for a court case that. If we do need to challenge any punishment, then we can sure question the integrity of the organisation handing out the punishment. It hints at connections between interested parties.

That statement probably works out at about £1000 per letter!!

What really stinks out the room in this NYT article is the impeccable timing.

The moment City achieved one of the greatest triumphs in modern football, the article is published. The innuendo is that City are cheats, and that any success that has occurred is purely because they have rorted the system.

Frankly I don’t blame City for reacting with anger. It’s so bleeding obvious that this journo is doing the bidding of forces intent on tearing City down.

The article is designed to manipulate public opinion, and of course it’s been jumped on with glee by the British media.

I’m sure Soriano and Co will be livid, and honestly I don’t blame them.

From day one of this current story I have thought this was more an attack against the CFG than one aimed at the club directly and the fact that the most recent story broke via the NYT based in a city with a team in the group would indicate that might well be the case.

Think we should plant a UCO inside UEFA. That'll sort it. Bent as anything that lot.

The next CL home game should feature booos on an epic scale!

UAE doesn’t like Qatar. Not vice versa. It’s the UAE that’s imposing an illegal ground, air and sea blockade on Qatar. Flying from Qatar to South Africa now takes an hour and a half longer.

And it’s entirely on the fault of the UAE for being KSA’s woman on this.
That’s not what I have been told (like you, when it comes to the general perception of the people, I don’t trust what is written, most of which also paints a current mutual dislike). I know a few Qataris (all living abroad, mind) that have told me otherwise; it has quite literally come up when talking about football and City (once leading to a bit of a tense conversation). It is fair to say that Qatar was not really hostile toward the UAE before 2017, but saying Qatar has no issue with the UAE now, after the blockade, economic shadow sanctions, and various other attempted influence, is strange.

I think you live in Qatar, though, so I know you are closer to the ground there. Is it possible that ex-pats are more aggressive in their stances than those at home?

Genuinely curious to hear your thoughts.

Ugh. Claiming racism through making an anti-Semitic allegation hardly helps.
Perhaps not racism. There seems to be some sort of proxy war going on at the top of football and you can't rule out a middle east political dimension. It's very rife in US politics at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.