Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought but amongst other things, he called us 'incredible'. It's simply the BBC stirring the pot, putting any quote out that any Liverpool player has said over the last couple of days and sticking a bullshit headline on it - the message is clear, we've had our day in the sun, now they're coming after us again. Fuck the BBC.
Robertson's words were no doubt twisted by the BBC but I don't think Liverpool have done themselves any favours with their recent statements to the press. It has just motivated our team more and we do our talking on the pitch.

When's that clown releasing him human rights story that we should all be ashamed of, been spouting all over twitter last few days but I assume nothings been released yet.

I'm assuming that they've got the wording wrong there, because otherwise deciding the punishment before knowing if someone is guilty is going to get the lawyers very excited.
I have complained to the BBC and I urge all other fans to do the same
My complaint was:

"The current BBC headline: Uefa “want Man City banned from Champions league” and article is unfair and deliberately damaging and unproven.

As the club say there is a “deliberate campaign to damage the club” and the BBC, a public funded organisation is playing a leading part.

Can you imagine a pre-trial headline “Police/CPS want person X to face life imprisonment” before the full evidence has been heard?

It is a fundamental right there should be a presumption of innocence not guilt.

Additionally throughout the 2018/19 PL campaign, and beyond, all the BBC journalists have shown a clear bias in favour of Liverpool.

Headlines such as “Liverpool look to make history,” when exactly the same could be said for City. They can achieve a unique domestic Grand Slam not to mention historic back to back PL titles.

Most BBC coverage since the final day has not been about City’s achievement, coming back from 7 points behind in January, but how Liverpool can improve further for next season.

The BBC football is full of ex-Liverpool players who consistently fail to give independent, unbiased output in breach of the BBC Charter’s core values."

Last edited:
I have complained to the BBC and I urge all other fans to do the same
My complaint was:

"The current BBC headline: Uefa “want Man City banned from Champions league” and article is unfair and deliberately damaging and unproven.

As the club say there is a “deliberate campaign to damage the club” and the BBC, a public funded organisation is playing a leading part.

Can you imagine a pre-trial headline “Police/CPS want person X to face life imprisonment” before the full evidence has been heard?

It is a fundamental right there should be a presumption of innocence not guilt.

Additionally throughout the 2018/19 PL campaign, and beyond, all the BBC journalists have shown a clear bias in favour of Liverpool.

Headlines such as “Liverpool look to make history,” when exactly the same could be said for City. They can achieve a unique domestic Grand Slam not to mention historic back to back PL titles.

Most BBC coverage since the final day has not been about City’s achievement, coming back from 7 points behind in January, but how Liverpool can improve further for next season.

The BBC football is full of ex-Liverpool players who consistently fail to give independent, unbiased output in breach of the BBC Charter’s core values."
That's good, carbon copy to our media correspondent @franksinatra.
Intend to put in my two penny worth.
Don't expect anything other than a bland reply though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.