Is Pep the greatest?

Were incredibly lucky to have this guy at the very peak of his powers, and after watching him celebrate on the pitch on Sunday, I think he will be around for a lot longer than people think!

He needs to win the Champions League with City. Forget the board, from Ballague's article it appears Khaldoon was very much level headed in saying that we could never control everything and that we should focus on domestic dominance and records instead. Pep meanwhile was almost inconsolable.

He wants the CL. He is a Barcelona fan and knowing many from Barcelona they put the CL above all else because they have had Real Madrid throw it in their faces time after time. I believe he carries that with him. He wants to win everything but it is the biggest trophy for him.

And he failed to win it with Bayern and so far hasn't managed it at City. We will go big this summer to get the players in to make sure we can win it mext season. If we achieves that with City then he is without doubt the best. Forget longevity and Ferguson. It is a different era and what Pep does in terms of footballing style, mentality and records in unrivalled.

I wish to announce I have just got my Christmas Card List out of the drawer of my kitchen table and am CROSSING OFF all the names of those Bluemooners who have slagged off our Blessed Leader's (and best manager ever) fabulous, distinctive, practical, stylish, knitted overjumper with hoody.

JJ

I wish to announce I have just got my Christmas Card List out of the drawer of my kitchen table and am CROSSING OFF all the names of those Bluemooners who have slagged off our Blessed Leader's (and best manager ever) fabulous, distinctive, practical, stylish, knitted overjumper with hoody.

JJ
Got to be displayed in the City Museum so we can gaze upon it

Last edited:
I think he is. All I know for sure, is that we are incredibly lucky to have him at City.

I can only hope the level of bias he has seen that the club and fans have to deal with, for daring to challenge the establishment, makes him stay even longer to fight our cause.

Would Paisley have been as successful at two other clubs in two other countries?
Better than GPC but not Pep.
I did say Paisley just edges Pep because he won one more European cup thats all, everything else is practically identical. We will never know whether Paisley would have done it with 2 other clubs abroad, i think he may have come unstuck.

Look i hate the dippers as much as any other blue, but whilst growing up in the 70s i had great admiration for the way Bob Paisley did things as a manager, the respect he showed the opposition, just like Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.