Smart meters - what is the purpose?

I've managed to talk a few of my mates out of having these useless contraptions, and they've taken the advice.
Tell the mithering twats who phone up you want £5 grand upfront, in advance of the 'Savings' they keep telling
you you're going to make, that usually does the trick.

Smart meters allow companies to accurately bill you without having to pay for a meter reading its that simple.

Win/Win for the company and you are conned into thinking its smart and saving you money.

Like fuck it is lol.
I got asked to send my meter reading in last Sunday.
I read it Monday morning, logged in immediately and submitted it.
Next day there’s some **** ferreting around the back. So I went out and asked him what the fuck he was doing and he said ‘reading the meter’?

Next day there’s some **** ferreting around the back. So I went out and asked him what the fuck he was doing and he said ‘reading the meter’?
Have you checked if your tools and lawnmower are still in the shed?

I had a British Gas smart meter fitted but then switched to EDF.

Meter doesnt work, told them numerous times over the last 2 years, they have sent me multiple emails telling me they need a meter reading, i then tell them to come fit a new meter, they then ask for a reading, i then tell them no point as the one in isnt working and when i give them the reading on the meter they confirm there is an issue..........rinse and repeat.

Utter joke it is lol.

Smart meters allow companies to accurately bill you without having to pay for a meter reading its that simple.

Win/Win for the company and you are conned into thinking its smart and saving you money.

Like fuck it is lol.

In what way is one conned into thinking the meter will save you money

In what way is one conned into thinking the meter will save you money

Because they won’t save you a fucking penny.

Whereas changing your bulbs, lowering the temp, turning lights out when not in the room might.

All things that have fuck all to do with a smart meter.

Because they won’t save you a fucking penny.

Whereas changing your bulbs, lowering the temp, turning lights out when not in the room might.

All things that have fuck all to do with a smart meter.

Why would anyone think they would save them money? Not sure how they work over there but over here they just monitor what time you use electricity.
You get charged more if you use appliances during peak hours. You don't save anything. Are they telling people over there that they will save?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.