Antoine Griezmann

Rumours of this transfer restarted a few months ago but I figured there was nothing to it, now it looks like this is indeed happening. Like others have mentioned, I recognize how talented he is but he rebuffed Barcelona once already and will still be a wage issue despite willing to accept less for the move to happen.

Most importantly however is fit, where does he play? He doesn't want to play winger any longer and otherwise plays in the same space as Leo. Feels like a Coutinho square peg in a round hole but at least Griezmann will no doubt provide plenty of goals. I have watched him since he was at La Real and has always been a quality player
I'm sure he's compiling a documentary mini-series to present to the coaches on where he should play; family and friends giving their opinion on it too.

First class knobhead he is

Griezmann is a very odd character, but at his best he is an incredible footballer. There was a period 2 years ago where he was playing a free role for Atleti and I think he was without a doubt the closest player in the world to reaching Messi and Ronaldo's level. Since then I think Atletico have gone backwards a bit and his form hasn't been as good, but it's probably still in there.

To see that Griezmann playing with Messi would be amazing.

He's signed officially. €125m.

He has not signed and the €125m fee is his buyout from July 1, else it is €200m - however Barcelona do not want a war with Atletico and will negotiate with the club and actually try to lower the fee. Expectation is to get it to €100m

He has not signed and the €125m fee is his buyout from July 1, else it is €200m - however Barcelona do not want a war with Atletico and will negotiate with the club and actually try to lower the fee. Expectation is to get it to €100m
You'd know better than I, can Barca still afford de Ligt after this and de Jong?

You'd know better than I, can Barca still afford de Ligt after this and de Jong?

I expect the De Ligt transfer to be officially confirmed in the next day or two. Net spend, they will be fine since they will be moving a number of assets this summer (Rakitic, Gomes, Coutinho, Cillessen, Rafinha & Malcom: easily 200m plus) - the wage bill is a different issue but those of Ivan & Coutinho's coming off the books should mitigate that of Griezmann

I expect the De Ligt transfer to be officially confirmed in the next day or two. Net spend, they will be fine since they will be moving a number of assets this summer (Rakitic, Gomes, Coutinho, Cillessen, Rafinha & Malcom: easily 200m plus) - the wage bill is a different issue but those of Ivan & Coutinho's coming off the books should mitigate that of Griezmann

Where is Coutinho going?

Sorry, jumped the gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.