Game of Thrones (season 8)

One thing I would say is the writers are probably giving the audience too much credit right now.

They are so deep in that they are jumping to assumptions...that the whole audience is as clued in as they are etc.

This is normally an error made by novices or those lost in their own work, so it's surprising to see it here.

My biggest gripe is they haven't sufficiently explained the Lord of Light stuff to the audience(it is done more in the books), and Melissandre said a phrase to Arya that only Syrio Forel would have known(what do we say to the god of death?), without telling us how she knew that. I'd like that clarified as it's now implied the Lord of Light folk have been watching Arya since the start and known she is "the prince that was promised".

No, it's the audience who are wrong...

Mate, I went there with Jamie after the Dragon raid on the Lannister army, and about a month later, I realised I was making it up completely. They just aren't explaining things, at all. There used to be clues and context that invited us to interpret and speculate with some understanding of who was who. But I realised we'd crossed the line and we basically were filling in the gaps AS WE WANTED because they hadn't bothered to deal with the characters properly in some time. Why is Jamie there? There could be a dozen interpretations. There's no subtle clues as to what they meant. Things don't tie together, characters, plots, mythos. They all just exist as they once did. They can't write the good stuff that makes it mean something, so they just say, well, if it matters, then you can make it up yourself.

And to add to that Jamie at the time was trying to find Cersei in order to escape, he was retracing his steps back to the dinghy but the way had been blocked by the falling castle.

She's been trying to go postal for a while and you can only push her so far before...

Snap!

Kill everyone!

Plus the man she loves turned out to be related and you can see why she's gone apeshit.

Or maybe he told her that he didn’t care about what great things the dragons got up today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48303921

LOL!

I don't have the same emotional attachment to GOT as some (no disrespect intended) but have watched it from the start. Have to say this series has really disappointed, thrown money and special effects at it, overblown battle scenes, etc at the expense of plot.

Reminds me of the rags to be honest, a fading force, for the millions spent on the two big battles think the money spunked on Sanchez, Pogba and Lukaku. Might look good initially but no substance to it.

I've just seen spoilers for the final episode that, if true, will make this the worst ending to any series ever.

I find it strange that they decided to end it in such a rushed fashion when the majority of American TV shows have the opposite problem of being dragged out for too long. There's easily been enough material to do two full length series in a less rushed way. The 8th series could have been just focusing on defeating the Night King, with the ninth moving the focus to King's Landing. The only thing I can think of is that all of the actors or on an 8 series contract, meaning that they could all demand a huge pay rise if it went to a ninth. I can't believe it's not making them money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.