Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy has the potential to be on a similar plane to Ronaldo, but he hasn't kicked on this season as much as he could have. If he stays and kicks on, we could have a superstar. If he doesn't then we could get £100m+ and reinvest whilst Pep is still here.

I hope he stays and fulfills his potential to the maximum, but would trust Pep if he were to sell and buy the next Same (i.e. Wide forward with the most potential to be a superstar(

People keep saying that but players like Ronaldo and Messi got to that level by dedicating their entire lives to football and having the drive to be the best. Sane is a very talented player but I don't see that level of dedication or drive from him. Otherwise he'd stay with Pep and learn everything he can from him instead of pulling a sulk on the bench. I'd obviously love him to stay but I don't see him as irreplaceable as some do on here.

Then why Leroy won the young player award before Sterling when both of them were playing regularly ?
Walker won it over Sergio, Christ, it's hardly contract leverage.

It's just a fact, Sterling is better and earned his new contract and higher wage.

You can't just give someone a massive pay rise just to keep them, otherwise you're painting yourself into a corner down the line. Gundogan could ask for £200k+ etc

As much as I love Leroy, but if he really wants to leave because he's not getting enough game time then goodbye kiddo. If Pep says he can't get the basics right on a consistent level, then we don't have time for expensive inconsistent players on our bench.

I honestly rate João Félix under Pep more than Leroy.

Player wanting to leave probably because of game time. Not exactly earth shattering news. Most important thing for any player is game time.

We should sell him, he's clearly not trying at all of late and pep sees this, to his credit. Otherwise this'll just continue into next season . Agents, outside forces etc we can't win- I always thought something strange was going on when he was inexplicably excluded from the German WC squad last summer after being instrumental in bringing home the title for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.