Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am and I am telling you that the use of the Y word in today's society is anti semitic. It is not a term of respect and the numbers of people who speak Yiddish in the UK is so tiny it wouldn't even register.

Use of the word by Spurs fans to refer specifically to Spurs fans and players etc is emphatically, obviously and demonstrably not anti-Semitic. If you or anyone else chooses to ignore that context and insists on being offended, then that is your problem, not ours.

Use of the word by Spurs fans to refer specifically to Spurs fans and players etc is emphatically, obviously and demonstrably not anti-Semitic. If you or anyone else chooses to ignore that context and insists on being offended, then that is your problem, not ours.
Thank you very much for letting me know when I can and can't be offended by the use of an anti semitic word. Not sure you can refer to any players as that though seeing as none of them are Jewish but hey you know best as a leading authority.

I am a Spurs fan and we use the word in songs multiple times in every match! No one gets thrown out. There was a very brief period a few years ago when, after lobbying by Chelsea fan David Baddiel, police arrested a few Spurs fans for using the word. But those few cases were quickly laughed out of court - precisely because of mens rea.
Cheers Jim, I remember Baddiel doing that, perhaps it’s why I thought it wasn’t sung anymore, I stand very much corrected

Anyway, the very best of luck in the final, I know a couple of Spurs supporters, good lads from Ashton-under-Lyne, bizarre why they choose Spurs but one of them is a Season Ticket holder who goes to most of the Euro away games as well, he’s known as “Tottenham Dave”. I will be cheering you on even though if the Dippers win I get £200.

I feel dirty but 100% agree with JimB here

Cheers Jim, I remember Baddiel doing that, perhaps it’s why I thought it wasn’t sung anymore, I stand very much corrected

Anyway, the very best of luck in the final, I know a couple of Spurs supporters, good lads from Ashton-under-Lyne, bizarre why they choose Spurs but one of them is a Season Ticket holder who goes to most of the Euro away games as well, he’s known as “Tottenham Dave”. I will be cheering you on even though if the Dippers win I get £200.

If your mate Tottenham Dave needs an apartment for 7 in Central Madrid for the CL Final (for a very reasonable price) PM me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.