Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Daily Fail anti-city piece been published - this time with the quote of Rivaldo saying pep may leave

Nothing on pep being manager of the year - just pure anti-city stories as usual

He's also advising that Jesus should leave City to further his career

I don't ever remember any club in all my time on earth getting so much negative press ever as us. Not even the dippers when they got English clubs banned for five years, without even mentioning the deaths. It is unprecedented.

Seeing as that waste of oxygen Ewan McKenna still doesn't appear to have published his all seeing, all damning scoop article on City's owners being directly responsible for war, famine, disease and death on an industrial scale in Yemen I just checked his Twitter feed and this is his latest tweet.

Ewan MacKenna‏Verified account @EwanMacKenna 2h2 hours ago
Can get past lying and buying way to victory, but if my club were singing about victims of violence in celebration and my owners were creating tens of thousands of victims via war crimes, I just wouldn't support the club, at least not until it was all change. Why is that so hard?

As it happens I don't do Twitter but maybe a BMer who does or knows of another medium by which to contact him could kindly point out to him:
  • The famine in Yemen was caused by Houthi rebels blockading Red Sea ports thereby preventing huge amounts of food aid getting into the country.
  • The Houthi rebels are financed and supplied with arms by Iran.
  • Standard Chartered have been laundering money for Iran for years.
  • Standard Chartered were fined $370 million in 2014 and $1.1 BILLION in 2019 for said money laundering.
  • Standard Chartered have been Liverpool's main sponsors since 2010 and have had their deal extended to 2023.
  • Standard Chartered use profits made directly from Iran and by extension war, famine, disease and death in Yemen to pay Liverpool sponsorship money.
  • Ewan McKenna is a bitter hate filled hypocrite.

Just block him. Much easier.

Seeing as that waste of oxygen Ewan McKenna still doesn't appear to have published his all seeing, all damning scoop article on City's owners being directly responsible for war, famine, disease and death on an industrial scale in Yemen I just checked his Twitter feed and this is his latest tweet.

Can get past lying and buying way to victory, but if my club were singing about victims of violence in celebration and my owners were creating tens of thousands of victims via war crimes, I just wouldn't support the club, at least not until it was all change. Why is that so hard?

As it happens I don't do Twitter but maybe a BMer who does or knows of another medium by which to contact him could kindly point out to him:
  • The famine in Yemen was caused by Houthi rebels blockading Red Sea ports thereby preventing huge amounts of food aid getting into the country.
  • Standard Chartered were fined $370 million in 2014 and $1.1 BILLION in 2019 for said money laundering.
  • Standard Chartered have been Liverpool's main sponsors since 2010 and have had their deal extended to 2023.
  • Standard Chartered use profits made directly from Iran and by extension war, famine, disease and death in Yemen to pay Liverpool sponsorship money.
Check his feed

I no longer follow Ewan and have muted his account after the abuse he gave me. Has he still not published his article yet? I'm sure it's been about a week now. Those lawyers must be having a few issues with it. I'm not going to engage with him at all now which is a shame as, like most people who want to review all evidence before jumping to conclusions, I want to see what he had to say. No one should ever make a judgement until all the evidence is presented, triangulated and follows the right process. We - society - but especially within tribal football communities seem to find people guilty without evidence or without listening to the reasons. City fans are as guilty as other clubs' fans but when it's professional journalists jumping to conclusions that's something else altogether. He was so adamant he was publishing but, as yet, the evidence hasn't appeared. It mystifies me completely.

I’m not surprised Ewan McKenna’s article is taking a while. He writes for the Irish Independent which means any article he publishes that could be deemed defamatory would be liable to be litigated in Ireland. Irish defamation laws are very unfavorable towards journalists.

Wouldn’t be shocked if the article gets very watered down.

Two vindictive articles in the Guardian and Evening Standard written by a pair of twats, Marina Hyde and Tony Evans respectively. Hyde just can’t disguise her hatred for City whilst Evans is comparing us to Juve when they had Titles removed from their history and were relegated to the second tier. You can feel the fat bastards pain, he’s begging for the Premier League to wipe out our last 7 trophies. What an absolute fucking prick, as for Hyde, I gave her a dressing down several years ago by email after she had written an invidious article about us. She replied saying I needed counselling as I was too biased for my own good. I can’t remember what the article was but she has written a few anti City articles. If you want to challenge her:

marina.hyde@guardian.co.uk
Ah, he mentioned Juventus. Any mention of justice for the 39?

[
So after winning the league, we've chucked a pint of beer over Ratboy, players have sung an absolutely disgraceful song about Sean Cox ( which they haven't at all), we're getting a 1 year champs league ban and now Pep doesn't like to be away from his family and will seek a return to Spain. This league title victory has hurt these fucking parasites like no other, and the shitstorm is only just starting, imagine if we win on Saturday, going to be brilliant.

I thought Pep’s family were living with him in the penthouse apartment at City Suites, Greengate?

Oh well, he’s off then.

Sorry if already posted, more of the same in the GUardian today in a column by Melanie Hyde, whoever that is. Couldn't be arsed reading it all but this line stood out;

"The great puzzle is why misfortune and accusation continue to dog Manchester City in this fashion."

No fucking mystery at all but no attempts to unravel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.